Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for chain maintenance and general cleaning purposes I was looking for a rear wheel stand. I've seen the PitBull stands but was hoping to pay a lot less. Any DIY ideas out there to get the rear wheel off the ground?

·
Registered
473 Posts
So for chain maintenance and general cleaning purposes I was looking for a rear wheel stand. I've seen the PitBull stands but was hoping to pay a lot less. Any DIY ideas out there to get the rear wheel off the ground?
you can buy spool type rear stands and rear axle spools for much cheaper than a pitbull branded stand. you won't be able to remove the wheel, but should work fine foe servicing the chain.

otherwise, keep an eye out on craigslist or local forums for a used stand. i picked up a used T-Rex stand and while it's not as nice aesthetically as the pitbull, it can life the bike from both sides and is really solid.

·
Registered
998 Posts
T-rex works for me. Pretty cheap too. If their website says out of stock, give them a call. They don't always update their website

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Also, try Cycle Gear. They often have rely cheap prices...like $50. Their stuff isn't made to endure years of use, but it will take you a couple years down the road, maybe.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Also, try Cycle Gear. They often have rely cheap prices...like $50. Their stuff isn't made to endure years of use, but it will take you a couple years down the road, maybe.
yup, keep an eye out for closeouts too. they discontinued a line of stands and my buddy picked up a front and rear stand for less than 50 shipped from the cycle gear website

·
Registered
84 Posts
Buy the Pitbull stand! My Pitbull stand for conventional swing arms is, literally, 20 years old and aside from the decals wrinkling a bit it looks nearly new. Recently sold my 20-year old Pitbull front stand for $100. The original purchase price was $150. I thought the $2.50/year net cost was well worth it...

·
Registered
998 Posts
I wouldn't store anything on a cheap stand, but for working on a bike, they do just fine.

My old t-rex rear stand, for example, eventually started to bend inward a little. It took years to get to that point however and from holding up a heavy a$$ CBR 1000RR. I still have and use it, despite the bend, which isn't bad for a 10 year old stand.

·
Banned
505 Posts
I am Looking for a rear paddock stand for when I get my Duke SSS

Would have bought the Pit Bull but can only get it from the USA & the shipping is nearly as much as the stand & then theres the dreaded import taxes which would make far to expensive in comparison to other stands.

Has anyone tried this one ? it a real good price but is it any good ?
Rear Paddock Stand CS Ducati Supersport/ S 2017 single swing arm black matt | eBay?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

Would have bought the Pit Bull but can only get it from the USA & the shipping is nearly as much as the stand & then theres the dreaded import taxes which would make far to expensive in comparison to other stands.

Rear Paddock Stand CS Ducati Supersport/ S 2017 single swing arm black matt | eBay?
I got the R&G rear stand, not the cheapest but it looks sturdy enough to last for years. Easy to use as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the dolly version of this (sideways movement as well) - and it works very well. Have the same solution for my BMW R Nine T as well.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts

We've had several discussions about stands. You might find more information here:

Ducati Supersport 939 Forum - Search Results

·
Banned
505 Posts
Se7en & Duccolin thanks for the links.
But not found anything yet, I cant believe there are no Pit-Bull stockist in the UK..
I am looking for a single sided stand like the pit-bull & was hoping for some recommendations, If not I will take a chance with the one on ebay in my previous link.

I have 3 bikes already & 3 paddock stands [all different] so running out of storage room....hence looking for a more compact stand

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Pitbull just arrived today.

Daddy likey.

Finally get to take off the sprocket cover and clean the last of the dreaded shipping wax off the chain, c/s sprocket and the very top of the side stand.

I'm looking forward to sleeping peacefully at night.

·
Banned
505 Posts
If i only had the Supersport & not 3 bikes then I would bite the bullet & order a pit bull from the USA, but 4 bikes & 2 cars takes some up-keep, so I spread my cash around & so long as I can get a reliable compact stand I am not bothered about the brand name after all they all do the same job,

·
Registered
229 Posts
Picked this one up on flea-bay...$29 shipped...found a 1 3/8" aluminum pipe (1/8" wall thickness), and cut it to 17"...

Works perfect

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts