Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just came from the track day at The Ridge. Not my first time, but I still consider myself a newbie in motorcycle racing. It was a lot of fun and I definitely got to know this bike much better. The tires were getting a bit slippery towards the end of each session. I thought it is Corsa III to blame, but then deflating both tires actually solved this problem (rear to 30, front to 32).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Ok. The first time it was just the footrest so I wasn't surprised but the last time, on all the exhaust, I thought I was close to drag the full bike. 😄
Ok. The first time it was just the footrest so I wasn't surprised but the last time, on all the exhaust, I thought I was close to drag the full bike. 😄
I dragged the exhaust without dragging the pegs since I have the "touring" pegs on it, and actually did it on the street at Deals Gap. I've since upgraded springs and modified my body position to stop me from dragging it any more.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I dragged the exhaust without dragging the pegs since I have the "touring" pegs on it, and actually did it on the street at Deals Gap. I've since upgraded springs and modified my body position to stop me from dragging it any more.
I asked the question because I also did it on a mountain pass. And of course, in case of falling, it's less secure than on track...
I always move my body during corners changing because I don't want a max lean angle.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I always move my body during corners changing because I don't want a max lean angle.
I will normally move my body to the inside a bit while cornering but don't usually push myself past about a 70% pace on the street so I leave most of my "hanging off" as a reserve if I need it unless I am at a track. I knew I was getting "close" to the tire edge on a few of the corners that trip but it wasn't until we got back that night I realized the scraping I heard was me dragging the pipe. For the rest of that trip, and since then, I hang off a bit more to be sure it doesn't happen again. With the new springs I probably don't have to but just in case.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Ouuuu, I can't wait to share my pictures from this year... aaa :D Thanks for motivation 🔥 If they don't allow me to "tour" Europe I take the other half of the glass with "sport" ☀

41 - 53 of 53 Posts