Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a Healtech ESE 002 ready to fit which is the correct model for the SS for info. Available in Australia. Just need to wait for things to cool down a bit here to remove the servo motor and lock wire the flap open. Over 40C here at the moment.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a Healtech ESE 002 ready to fit which is the correct model for the SS for info. Available in Australia. Just need to wait for things to cool down a bit here to remove the servo motor and lock wire the flap open. Over 40C here at the moment.
Provide a link

·
Registered
224 Posts
Why spend all that money... all you need is a limiter tab like this...

Maybe Competition Werkes will sell you one...

Attachments

Reactions: gnelson and amoslws

·
Registered
528 Posts
The SS, 821, 1200 (2016 onwards) use the same ECU so my guess is the exhaust valve ' electrical connector' is the same, then the 1200 should work. The SS is a monster in wolfs clothing
I messaged the Ebay seller, he came back with this:

Hello thank you for contacting us. Woodcraft does not have a confirmed fitment for the 2017 Ducati Supersport S. We contacted Woodcraft and they believe the 42-1270 should work but have not officially tested it.

The 42-1270 units can be found here Great deals from podiumsuperbikeinc | eBay stores

This seems odd, I would have picked the other one. Waiting on a response from the manufacturer in UK. Maybe by tomorrow...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Does anybody have the valve out enough to take a photo of the male and female connector, or at least one side? I won't be able to get to mine for a while, had I seen this a week ago, I had it apart enough!

Looking at the unit Woodcraft recommended, it seems the least likely! The connectors are all pretty distinct though...

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I messaged the Ebay seller, he came back with this:

Hello thank you for contacting us. Woodcraft does not have a confirmed fitment for the 2017 Ducati Supersport S. We contacted Woodcraft and they believe the 42-1270 should work but have not officially tested it.

The 42-1270 units can be found here Great deals from podiumsuperbikeinc | eBay stores

This seems odd, I would have picked the other one. Waiting on a response from the manufacturer in UK. Maybe by tomorrow...
Agreed. Seems odd he selected something earlier than the ECU release plus earlier than 2014. If I needed one I would take a chance on the 1200 monster 2016 model

·
Registered
528 Posts
Agreed. Seems odd he selected something earlier than the ECU release plus earlier than 2014. If I needed one I would take a chance on the 1200 monster 2016 model
The difference is not the ECU, but the connection plug. They have 3 units for Ducati, all different plugs. I ordered the unit he recommended, as I found another site specifying that same unit for the Supersport 939.

When I get a chance to connect it, I will report back. Should get here in about a week.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The difference is not the ECU, but the connection plug. They have 3 units for Ducati, all different plugs. I ordered the unit he recommended, as I found another site specifying that same unit for the Supersport 939.

When I get a chance to connect it, I will report back. Should get here in about a week.
Should be ok if they have a return policy, just a pain if it does not fit.
So what pipe have you put on or intend putting on. Would be good to post some dyno result.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Should be ok if they have a return policy, just a pain if it does not fit.
So what pipe have you put on or intend putting on. Would be good to post some dyno result.
No pipe yet. Just underside clean-up, and possibly slightly better sound.

If I get some time and a wild hair up my tail side, I may try to fit a system up myself... I am working it out in my head. I would need to source the stainless in metric sizes, as well as a silencer appropriate for the situation...

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No pipe yet. Just underside clean-up, and possibly slightly better sound.

If I get some time and a wild hair up my tail side, I may try to fit a system up myself... I am working it out in my head. I would need to source the stainless in metric sizes, as well as a silencer appropriate for the situation...
To build your own pipeis the tricky bit. If only those who put on CW's had posted some dimensional pics then we could solve the SS woes. Buying the silencer will be a lot easier than trying to knock one up.
AGAIN: CW Owners, post some dimensional pics for us lesser few.

·
Registered
528 Posts
To build your own pipeis the tricky bit. If only those who put on CW's had posted some dimensional pics then we could solve the SS woes. Buying the silencer will be a lot easier than trying to knock one up.
AGAIN: CW Owners, post some dimensional pics for us lesser few.
Yep, but I built this 4130 tube chassis, as well as the headers on the engine...

CW used 52 and 60mm tube... a Y pipe is simple to build...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts