Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
So I installed a Throttlemeister and its the first throttle locking device ive ever used. I have to say i was familiar with how it worked and the principal of the whole thing before hand. However actually using it in real life was a bit different. It is definitely not cruse control that was the first thing i realized as soon as i hit a slight incline. I now see why people are like "ill wait for real cruse control" i did not quite understand before.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
So I installed a Throttlemeister and its the first throttle locking device ive ever used. I have to say i was familiar with how it worked and the principal of the whole thing before hand. However actually using it in real life was a bit different. It is definitely not cruse control that was the first thing i realized as soon as i hit a slight incline. I now see why people are like "ill wait for real cruse control" i did not quite understand before.
Are you able to add more or less throttle on declines and inclines with the throttle meister locked in??

·
Registered
440 Posts
Are you able to add more or less throttle on declines and inclines with the throttle meister locked in??
Oh yeah totally but you have to think about it unlike normal cruse control would auto add throttle to keep at a speed. The Throttlemeister more or less makes the throttle feel like you took out the return spring or maybe more turns the throttle into a Potentiometer.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah, these things are mostly useful for stretching your arms during extended periods of highway driving, rather than keeping a steady speed (works ok as cc on flat terrain though). It is a throttle lock, nothing else.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up for actual cruise control, but if you’re keen, you could always send an email to TuneBoy (like I and several others have done) so that they know that demand is out there.

Otherwise, the after market options for real cruise control tend to be a bit of a kludge, in my opinion.
https://www.webbikeworld.com/mccruise-tbw-aftermarket-cruise-control-hands-on-review/

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Oh yeah totally but you have to think about it unlike normal cruse control would auto add throttle to keep at a speed. The Throttlemeister more or less makes the throttle feel like you took out the return spring or maybe more turns the throttle into a Potentiometer.
If you go with rapid bike and procure the add on You Tune then you can set the rpm cruise controller. It does not lock on speed but maintain the same rpm.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
It is definitely not cruse control that was the first thing i realized as soon as i hit a slight incline.
This has been my experience as well. I live in East TN with A LOT of mountains, so using one would be sporadic for me, at best...but on the few occasions that I've used a similar device, I found it helped for the 5-6 minutes so that you could stretch your arm and wrist. Not much flatness around these parts...:grin2:...which I prefer.

·
Registered
477 Posts
There are a few electronic ones out there but they are for vacuum carbs. I'm happy with the Kaoko friction type but an electronic one will be much better.
There are aftermarket cruise control systems for bikes with EFI (I linked to one above), but it is a rather complicated install. They have a version for the 1200 Multistrada, but no other Ducati’s at this point. It’s also over 800 USD, so not really an option, even if they did have a version for the SS. The throttle lock is what makes most sense currently, I’d say.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
There are aftermarket cruise control systems for bikes with EFI (I linked to one above), but it is a rather complicated install. They have a version for the 1200 Multistrada, but no other Ducati’s at this point. It’s also over 800 USD, so not really an option, even if they did have a version for the SS. The throttle lock is what makes most sense currently, I’d say.
Sorry bud I can't find the link, any chance of a repost.

·
Registered
477 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
yeah, the o-ring solution looks simple enough. Might give that a try.
Did you find the right size "o" ring?

That's all I am after. It needs to be wide enough to fill the gap to the bar end. I have throttle locks on my Guzzis and had on O ring on the Bandit until I put Renthal Bars on it and the O ring no longer fits.

I want a simple solution.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Did you find the right size "o" ring?

That's all I am after. It needs to be wide enough to fill the gap to the bar end. I have throttle locks on my Guzzis and had on O ring on the Bandit until I put Renthal Bars on it and the O ring no longer fits.

I want a simple solution.
I haven’t tried looking for one yet but I can’t imagine it’s that complicated. Let me know if you find one with the right dimensions.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I would definately entertain the idea of a real cruise control...but I've been using an O-ring for years, so I'm kinda used to them. I just need figure out what diameter works best. Maybe j can grab an assorted set off amazon...

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I just bought these. I'll let you know if it fits. Used these on Japanese bikes for years. Let's see if the Italians work the same. To make it better, its yellow to go with Ducati heritage, lol.

Looks like this..

61 - 80 of 105 Posts