Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
None of the places that advertise cruise control tunes have touched this bike yet. The Aprilia RS660 is supposed to have cruise. If the power to weight feels similar to the SS, I might be tempted to trade just for the cruise control. The TFT dash, IMU, and Full LEDs for a cheaper price will just be a bonus.

Off topic, but I used a Rostra cruise control for cars and added it to my FJR1300 recently. It won't work for the SS, since it requires a throttle cable, but it's amazing having cruise control on a touring bike.

·
Administrator
8,280 Posts
@Triplesapper Those are TWM levers...

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
I think the reason Ducati didn’t add CC to the SS is because riding long straight distances wasn’t the intended application. That doesn’t negate that CC is entirely convenient. But with an itty-bitty tank and a design inclination towards sporty touring, it doesn’t surprise me CC was cut to keep the target market price tag lean.

I use a Throttle Rocker. se7en uses an o-ring, a great solution I used in the past, too.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Reactions: Sprint1500

·
Registered
637 Posts
Anyone who wants cruise control added to future models, I'd suggest you contact Ducati. I did and received the following response:

"We would like to thank you for your feedback regarding the SuperSport model and adding cruise control. I understand that the cruise control feature is very important to our customers and that it should be added to our future SuperSport models. Satisfied customers are the backbone of our business and I will pass on your feedback to our upper management team for review. We appreciate your taking the time to write us and for providing your suggestion."

It sounds like they are actually taking consideration to customer requests. Maybe if others do the same we can help influence them for the next model.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Anyone who wants cruise control added to future models, I'd suggest you contact Ducati. I did and received the following response:

"We would like to thank you for your feedback regarding the SuperSport model and adding cruise control. I understand that the cruise control feature is very important to our customers and that it should be added to our future SuperSport models. Satisfied customers are the backbone of our business and I will pass on your feedback to our upper management team for review. We appreciate your taking the time to write us and for providing your suggestion."

It sounds like they are actually taking consideration to customer requests. Maybe if others do the same we can help influence them for the next model.
Maybe? Every test report I read of the 939 mentioned the lack of cruise control. 3 years later they bring out the 950 and it still doesn't have it. If they're not listening to professional road tester with their vast market influence. I doubt if they're listening to us.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
@Audi403 - I was sending them couple times emails found deep in "terms and conditions" and they really called me (number from my Ducati account) on my phone from Italy to get more details :p I didn't back then ask about cruise control, something different but still was also intersting to talk with Italian girls over the phone.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
About that... Triple, you have no idea how loud are mine now... I hear it all the time, it's nearly louder than exhaust... I can hear them better even in full helmet 🤦‍♂️ I need to take action on them finally, it makes me nervous already. I don't mind the design, shape and all, only how they made this cheapest connections. I'd like to disassembly one during late cold and ugly autumn so if I crack something I won't ride anyway heh.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Personally, I find the omission of cruise a non-issue. But that's only my personal taste as I'm not a heavy mile cruncher and don't ever plan to be. And as someone else said, the SS is not a Sport Tourer, its supposed to be a more comfortable Sport Bike that was also designed to fit into a certain cost profile. I think Ducati did what they set out to do.

Now, as for the earlier comparison to the Ninja 1000...that's a tough pill to swallow because, frankly, the N1K will run circles around this Ducati. As a current Ninja 1000 owner, my non-ABS 2011 will also run circles around it. If Ducati was shooting for that segment, they've come up short. The 2017 N1K is a BEAST and you get A LOT of bike for the buck along with a new super electronics package and LED headlights, plus 125 HP!! MSRP $12,199!! The SS cannot compete with this new steed...just can't!

Where Ducati is king, IMO, is the soul that a bike has. Ducati's are different and provide more personal emotions and sexiness that an inline 4 can't quite provide.
I think your last para says it all. Having only owned Dukes since I was 22, I am a little biased, but there is no way I could justify my decision based on feature comparisons .
Brook Henry ( VeeTwo) said it best.
Motorcycles transport the body, Ducati's transport the soul.

·
Administrator
8,280 Posts

Wouldn’t that be interesting if the Desert X, a dirt oriented bike, equipped with the 937, turns out to have cruise…

·
Registered
485 Posts
I think your last para says it all. Having only owned Dukes since I was 22, I am a little biased, but there is no way I could justify my decision based on feature comparisons .
Brook Henry ( VeeTwo) said it best.
Motorcycles transport the body, Ducati's transport the soul.
For me, CC isn't about going fast. Or, even long distance cruising. Although it is useful for the occasional highway or long straight. I like to be able to come out of a twisty section and roll back the throttle, knowing that the bike will return to the speed limit, or my own personal comfort speed. With my hand on the gas, I tend to go faster with each vehicle I pass.

The Kawasaki Ninja is an amazing bike. Much more powerful. But I hardly ever pin the SS through the gears. So more power won't do anything for me. Whereas, I never know when less weight, better handling and brakes might make all the difference.

Also, Kawasaki seem to have lost the ability to produce a bike without hitting it hard with the ugly stick ;) Eye of the beholder I know.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts