Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
@Derek make up a vat number, as for the post code they want a numeric code not the alpha numeric that ours are, I made that up as well.
I don't know if @skywurz is having trouble because he's not in Europe. Hopefully someone gets in at some point, I will try when I have time.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well since i made up info and got in but really only got a flat rate table i feel apprehensive about contacting support. Attached is a screen shot of more or less what i got.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,724 Posts
@Derek make up a vat number, as for the post code they want a numeric code not the alpha numeric that ours are, I made that up as well.
I don't know if @skywurz is having trouble because he's not in Europe. Hopefully someone gets in at some point, I will try when I have time.

@DucColin I never thought about that, I guess I'm fundamentally too honest :D ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Book

Guys, you all don´t know in what danger you run when owing a copy of the Ducati Workshop book. Or parts of it.

I know a guy (he deals with Workshop books) who bought a CD of the SS Workshop book @ ebay. It was a hacked Server copy. Once a day there was a ringing @ his door. He opened an there was a Police Swat and the prosecuting attorney. They searched his whole apartment. But they didn´t find it.
They charged him 6000€ just for buying it.
Thats the way AUDI handles those cases.
If anybody has a copy and whant to share it. Just contact others over PM´s.
A owner of a copy mistreat the copyrights of DUCATI/AUDI. And they are willing to charge it straight without any doubt!
Trust me!

Be careful when talking about that.

Reactions: amoslws

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Guys, you all don´t know in what danger you run when owing a copy of the Ducati Workshop book. Or parts of it.

I know a guy (he deals with Workshop books) who bought a CD of the SS Workshop book @ ebay. It was a hacked Server copy. Once a day there was a ringing @ his door. He opened an there was a Police Swat and the prosecuting attorney. They searched his whole apartment. But they didn´t find it.
They charged him 6000€ just for buying it.
Thats the way AUDI handles those cases.
If anybody has a copy and whant to share it. Just contact others over PM´s.
A owner of a copy mistreat the copyrights of DUCATI/AUDI. And they are willing to charge it straight without any doubt!
Trust me!

Be careful when talking about that.
Sorry for your friend. Sadly Ducati do not like sharing info. It should be against the law for preventing owners work on their own bikes.

We can use a 2014 monster 1200 pdf off the net. It's 90% the same. Also the hyper939 is available for download.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any news regarding workshop manuals for the Supersport since the last post here?
Still no chance to download/buy anything?

·
Registered
29 Posts
there is online an exploded parts diagram for the whole bike if that helps (it may be on this forum)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
For some reason Haynes don't do a manual for the Supersport either - perhaps not popular enough yet?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
For some reason Haynes don't do a manual for the Supersport either - perhaps not popular enough yet?
That said you can get a Haynes Owners Workshop Manual for the USS Enterprise

Or for a German U Boat

Or Boeing 707

I bet none of the above have a problem with vibrating mirrors

·
Registered
601 Posts
Did you end up finding anything?
I haven't heard of anyone finding one, I don't think Ducati has it available to public.

BMW is doing the same lately. They won't sell the service manual for my 2019 R1250RT either.

It's a BS scam to make people bring their bikes to the dealers. Should be illegal...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I posted this some time ago and have had no luck in finding one. It appears that even the usb manual can’t be accessed by the public. Ducati is not the only manufacturer denying access to documents, try to get a manual on late model farm equipment. Some countries have legislated right to repair laws, don’t know if that will help owners, may just benefit licensed repair shops.

the more research I have done clearly indicates that since about 2014 euro4 and euro5, service/workshop manuals for just about everything is damn near impossible to obtain by the general public.
Haven’t given up just yet, but extremely frustrated

cheers
Duncan

DUCATI SERVICE MANUAL COLLECTION

·
Registered
15 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone finding one, I don't think Ducati has it available to public.

BMW is doing the same lately. They won't sell the service manual for my 2019 R1250RT either.

It's a BS scam to make people bring their bikes to the dealers. Should be illegal...
Everyone is doing it. Apple was one of the initiator!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Intellectual Property Rights, Copyright,Trademarks , Digital locks are the issues.
As far as I know the dealer doesn’t have a printed copy, it’s all digital via the web when the bike is connected to the DDS, it’s all data transmission to/from the factory. I believe they pay a fee for access.
I have a good mate who recently retired after 40years with Ducati and he can’t help either.

cheers and good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Intellectual Property Rights, Copyright,Trademarks , Digital locks are the issues.
As far as I know the dealer doesn’t have a printed copy, it’s all digital via the web when the bike is connected to the DDS, it’s all data transmission to/from the factory. I believe they pay a fee for access.
I have a good mate who recently retired after 40years with Ducati and he can’t help either.

cheers and good luck
Crooks if you ask me

21 - 40 of 51 Posts