Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a woodcraft stand that has a pin that goes into the head of the bike to lift it up, unfortunately there is a plastic cover under there on the 2021, is it easy to remove, do i need it? I am only going to use the stand to wash the motorcycle and also during the winter when i am not riding it and thought it would be better to not leave it up via under the forks for that long of a time. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
The cover is easy enough to remove: couple of screws if my memory serves me right. Its no doubt only there to stop crud getting under the headsock. I think a member on here drilled a hole into the plastic cover so as he could leave it in position and use the stand. If you do a drill a hole in it, you may be able to blank it off with a rubber blanking grommet?

Part 27

Reactions: Ajcjr

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cover is easy enough to remove: couple of screws if my memory serves me right. Its no doubt only there to stop crud getting under the headsock. I think a member on here drilled a hole into the plastic cover so as he could leave it in position and use the stand. If you do a drill a hole in it, you may be able to blank it off with a rubber blanking grommet?

Part 27
Thank you!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I wouldn't worry about leaving it up on a front stand. That's what I did over last winter, with a rear stand, and it's not a problem. The triple undergoes a lot more stress when riding vs. holding a couple hundredish pounds of weight for a few months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts