Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Has anyone had any issues removing the standard exhaust? Just got a Delkevic stainless one to fit and really struggling to get the standard on off.

I've had a look on the forum and Youtube and not realy found anything useful.

I've removed the bolts either side of the cat and the one in the centre near she shock, loosened off the clip on the bottom of the rear manifold. Also loosened the three bolts at the top of the downpipe so there's now some play in it all..
I can pull back on the exhaust and there's plenty of movement back and forward but nothing up and down. As far as i can see i've got everything ready to go?
Can't seem to get any play in the connection between the o2 sensor downpipe and the exhaust box.

The exhaust i have connects to the existing downpipes so i've not had to remove the o2 sensor.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
5,966 Posts
@mark966 Lots of Members here who have removed the standard exhaust...

As Members chime in, here’s a few threads you might have already found...

Also, FYI, will move this thread to Exhaust section of Forum.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
One of the local guys with an SS also installed at Delkevic. He told me the biggest part of the job was getting the stock exhaust off it. It must be a real hassle.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just cut it off because it will never go on the bike again
Not even when you sell the bike? I tend to take all my aftermarket parts off and sell them separately when I change bikes. I find you get more money that way; leaving an aftermarket exhaust on a bike doesn't add anything to it's resale value. Better the money in your pocket than with the Dealer or new owner, if it's a private sale you can always offer the aftermarket parts up to the perspective buyer at a price. My thoughts anyway ;) unless you plan to keep the bike forever and run it into the ground 😅

1 - 7 of 7 Posts