Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Resurfacing an issue raised a while back: occasionally, after riding, the right, underside, front-most hook of my standard seat (where it wraps around the tank) is getting unhooked.

Anyone else having this issue?

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I thought you found the cause and fixed it. I've ridden mine fairly hard a few times, and I've not yet experienced that. My seat is so tightly engaged, I don't think there is any possible way it could slide back enough to disengage from that clip. I can pull on the seat in that area and the it will move some within the clip, but actually moving backwards enough to come out seems very difficult.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Yes mine does always has from new. Sometimes I bend the front of the seat and force it back in but it always ends up out after a ride. Got my new second seat and the little tab broke off befor I even put it on.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
So then, it's more of the tab bending a bit and popping out as opposed to the seat sliding back...makes sense.

·
Administrator
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought you found the cause and fixed it. I've ridden mine fairly hard a few times, and I've not yet experienced that. My seat is so tightly engaged, I don't think there is any possible way it could slide back enough to disengage from that clip. I can pull on the seat in that area and the it will move some within the clip, but actually moving backwards enough to come out seems very difficult.
Well, yes, thought so, I was missing one of rubber bumper thingies...but it still happens even after I replaced that.

·
Administrator
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes mine does always has from new. Sometimes I bend the front of the seat and force it back in but it always ends up out after a ride. Got my new second seat and the little tab broke off befor I even put it on.
Exactly.

And the overlap of the plastic on the metal hook on the tank are so small that after it skips off a few times I guess it’s gets worn a bit more, that makes it more likely to slip, etc, etc...

However, I guess the good thing is that end bit is not what’s actually holding the seat in place, so it’s not really critical.

·
Administrator
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So then, it's more of the tab bending a bit and popping out as opposed to the seat sliding back...makes sense.
Yes, really has no effect or very little effect on the seat lock down. It’s more the other way around...the seat can naturally move around a bit, and cause the hook at the very end of the wrap around seat (right side only for some strange reason) to get unhooked.

The plastic hook doesn’t bend, it’s just so short that if the seat moves too much it will get unhooked from the tank slot. Then you can bend the edge of the seat a bit, as Rhino mentioned, to get it back in its slot.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Well, yes, thought so, I was missing one of rubber bumper thingies...but it still happens even after I replaced that.
Makes you wonder if the seat movement may bave been the reason you had a missing bumper instead of the bumper causing the seat movement.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Resurfacing an issue raised a while back: occasionally, after riding, the right, underside, front-most hook of my standard seat (where it wraps around the tank) is getting unhooked.

Anyone else having this issue?

Yes I am...I was going to revive the post but couldn't find it (i.e., I was just too lazy) :wink2:

Reactions: Ed K

·
Administrator
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Btw, look at the contact points between seat wings and your tank. You see some rub marks on the tank just beginning to start. I put some clear racing tape at those points.

I use this stuff, it’s quite expensive, but worth it, imho. I’m sure there are other great alternatives.

ISC Racerstape.com Save Your Paint!!! surface guard tape 2"x12' https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TPC7HU?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

1 - 12 of 12 Posts