Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a mundane topic. But, oh, those stickers on the trellis frame have to go!

I've removed many stickers from flat motorcycle surfaces with heat and patience but not from round steel tubes.

Any hot tips for success?

Thanks!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The word H-E-L-L is prohibited and replaced with asterisks? That's funny!

Especially for an Italian bike forum.

That's the TITLE of Italy's most famous and classic work of literature!

·
Registered
442 Posts
The frame stickers came right off. Start on one end and slowly work trying not to tear the stickers. I used orange goo for removing the remaining adhesive. These are nothing like the old ducati stickers that took a long time to remove.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The frame stickers came right off. Start on one end and slowly work trying not to tear the stickers. I used orange goo for removing the remaining adhesive. These are nothing like the old ducati stickers that took a long time to remove.
You don't know how glad I am to hear that!

I was afraid it would be difficult with the possibility of damaging the paint.

I will take a picture of the engine tuning specs and tire pressure recommendations before removal just in case they aren't in the manual.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Like @Bigwaves1 said, they come off easily. I found that they came off without the use of ANY extra utensils other than your hands. However, taking her for a spin to heat up the engine area and frame could make the process even easier. Don't toss the stickers, be sure and keep the stickers for future reference. I put mine in the back pages of the manual, others put theirs on the frame under the seat. Choice is yours...get to it, no worries.

·
Registered
473 Posts
i was able to peel mine off, without leaving any residue, by using just my hands. also, i did on the bike when it was cold / not ridden recently. i placed them in various places in the compartment under the seat.

·
Administrator
8,507 Posts
Might also consider removing those front reflectors from those beautiful front forks, especially Ohlins... (The reflectors are just stuck on, not fastened.)

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Might also consider removing those front reflectors from those beautiful front forks, especially Ohlins... (The reflectors are just stuck on, not fastened.)
Yes, I forgot to mention that. They can be removed with your hands as well. Nice new Dragon pic avatar, btw Ed. :nerd:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts