Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2021 950 Supersport S
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have 1098S forged Marchesini Aluminum wheels on mine. I find, on line, weights of 8.82 lb front and 13.8 lb rear For them. I question the weights posted above for the stock wheels.
If you can find a more accurate weight , please share!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I’d way mine stocks, but would have to remove tires to do that. Will look around. In the meantime, anyone else have accurate stock wheel weight?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Part of the problem here is everyone has a different method of weighing the wheels. Some weigh fully kitted, some with rotors but no tires, some with no equipment but bearings installed, some completely bare.

The rear SSSA wheel without tire and balancing weights is the only one I believe to be consistent because there's nothing to remove. That said, I have a pair of 939 Supersport OEM wheels that I could weigh, but I think they still have tires on them. I recall when I compared them to the 1098 7 spoke forged Ducati/OEM Marchesini wheels, they were remarkably similar in weight. The forged wheels were lighter, but buy only a 1/2 lb or so at either end. The difference will be in overall strength of the forged wheels, and where the weight is concentrated and how it effect moment of inertia.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Agree, probably not significant weight loss by changing to 1098S wheels. I mostly did for strength and look.

·
Registered
68 Posts
OK, I dug my stock Supersport Wheels out of the bowels of my crawlspace to get an exact weight...

The weights are for bare wheels, no discs carriers, etc. I believe my bathroom scale to be quite accurate - but who knows!? 😇

Front 8.7 pounds - 3.95 Kg
Rear 14.3 pounds - 6.49 Kg
Total 23.0 pounds - 10.44 Kg

I found a post for Gass RS A wheels for Multistradas where the owner weighed them. He got
New OZ Gass RS wheels weights

Front wheel in lbs=6.83
Rear wheel in lbs=7.84

RobertVP

It took a bit of research but here are the weights of stock and after market wheels for the Supersport , note some rears are 6" instead of 5.5 .

The specs are from vendors pages, can't vouch if they are completely accurate, this is just to give folks a general Idea.

Marchesini : M10 Spoke magnesium 5.6 kg/set (12.4 lbs) $3,791
M7r Genesi forged alu 7.1KG/set (15.47 lbs) $2711 gold anondized
OZ Cattiva (5.6 kg/set (12.4 lbs) Magnesium Front : 5.9 lbs 6" 6.5lbs $3670 set
OZ GASS RS Alu (6.81 Kg set (15 lbs) with 6" rear Weight: front Weight: set $2,371.65
BST Mamba TEK 7 Spoke Carbon Fiber(5.77kg/12.7lbs set) 6" Rear $3540 set

·
Registered
2021 950 Supersport S
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
I've decided to go with the gold anondized Marchesini M7rs Genisi , a bit more than the gold painted, but stronger and the finish is not so fragile. I have painted on my Porsche and it's no fun when they get a rock chip. The gold against the red looks great to me

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
I've decided to go with the gold anondized Marchesini M7rs Genisi , a bit more than the gold painted, but stronger and the finish is not so fragile. I have painted on my Porsche and it's no fun when they get a rock chip. The gold against the red looks great to me
Now over a year later, other than the obviously look gorgeous, was there a noticeable difference with the marchesini rims compared to stock?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts