Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i own a supersport base model with marzocchi front forks, i'm looking to improve them (i manage to buy a rear ohlins mono from a supersport S) and i'm looking for a full cartridge kit...the issue is that all the major suspension manifacturer that i know (ohlins, mupo, bitubo, fg gubellini, matris) doesn't list the bike at all!!!

can you help me? someone has done a mod like this of the forum?

i've found out that some MV's motorbike (such as F3 and brutale 800) does mount a marzocchi 43mm forks, but they seems different from ducati's one...maybe the internal structure is the same tho....?

·
Super Moderator
6,428 Posts
For Ohlins call Jerry at Ohlins USA: (828) 692-4525, Ext 313

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm from italy ;) the official ohlins distributor is andreani group that sell ohlins and also makes their own product line...bot not for the SS base...

·
Super Moderator
6,428 Posts
I understand, but Jerry should be able to provide the part numbers, then you can order in Italy.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Another possibility is Race Tech but they are in the USA. I've done their springs and Gold Valves on my 1200 Bandit. Chances are they won't list anything but might have some custom solutions.

Andreani makes cartridge kits for the Marzocchi forks on my Guzzi Sport. Again, even with no product listed, I would contact them and see what's available. It's also possible they might use your patronage to develop products for the SS 939 model. Traxxion Dynamics (USA) also makes a cartridge kit for the Marzocchi forks on my Guzzi Sport. Riders seem to like both kits.

Another possibility might be a professional set up for the existing suspension.

·
Registered
838 Posts
If Andreani modifies and resells Ohlins cartridges under the Andreani name. The deal is that if Ohlins already makes a cartridge for an application then Andreani isn't allowed to poach them. So if Andreani doesn't offer it, it's likely there is an Ohlins kit out there for the same application.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no, Andreani resell ohlins AND develop it's own line of suspension kits. the point is that ohlins is not making any product for the SS because there is an S version that comes with ohlins suepension as standard.

BTW on this page: Product Database | Öhlins
the Supersport is totally missing as bike model!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
at last, victory srl had the ohlins forks + steering plate (for a decent price)!! and i've just bought them! so my SS is officially going to become "S"

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so, forks are on but i've got 2 issues: the front fender bracket are wrong, they'r from a monster 1200 so i need to find the right ones, hope victory srl helps me, and the support for the speedo cable is missing and i must wait to have it, already ordered it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
today i've done about 20km (8°C in italy right now)...first of all my mechanic set up the suspension with his taste...but i trust him so...

The first impression is very good...the bike feels much ligher on the front (ohlis forks are lighter than marzocchi's ones), more nimble in changing direction but also more confortable on bumpy roads...so it's seems a win win...sadly, now it's too cold to ride it properly and i must wait for spring to try it better

1 - 18 of 18 Posts