Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
SuperSport 939 MY19
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added a Ventura rack, which is very unobtrusive…

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Bicycle tire Automotive tire

Then added a top box rack…
Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle

Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

And topped this off with a colour matched Coocase Wizard V36 (36L) top box.

Tire Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Fuel tank Wheel Tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Vehicle

This is set in the forum ward position, slightly over the pillion seat. When travelling two up I can swing it rearwards to provide more space. When I get around to it I can wire it into the electrics to power the integrated tail lights and an alarm (for the top box).
Overall, I am quite happy with the outcome. Love the red!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Reactions: RODDERS_SS937

·
Registered
SuperSport 939 MY19
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What volume is the box?
@Boe, It’s 36L. They make some larger versions, but this one didn’t seem to overwhelm the dimensions of the bike.r

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
539 Posts
Looks great ! It matches bike lines and colours nicely. My only concern would be in the most rearward position it still looks to be obstructing the passenger seat room ??

Reactions: RODDERS_SS937

·
Registered
SuperSport 939 MY19
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks great ! It matches bike lines and colours nicely. My only concern would be in the most rearward position it still looks to be obstructing the passenger seat room ??
I understand the concern. Possibly it’s the angle of the photo creating an optical illusion. So I’ll try it out with a pillion and let you know.

·
Registered
SuperSport 939 MY19
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
@djcmx49 , Thank you for that observation. I think you are right. The neat thing about this set up is you can tinker with the arrangement. I tested it with my wife, and I have included some comparison pics.
This first one is a comparison of how I had it set up in the rearward position. However, after reconfiguring it I found I could move it rearwards another 3-4cm (1.5”). The first arrangement was definitely too cosy.

Jeans Shoe Leg White Motor vehicle

The next comparison pic shows four different configurations, each of which moves the rack further rearwards, viewed in order Bottom Left, Top Left, Bottom Right, Top Right.
Note: The changes in the configuration varies from where the plastic base plate attaches to the adjustable rack arms. For instance in the Top Left they are positioned as far back on the bar, which means this base place is further forward. In the Top Right, the plastic base plate is attached to the adjustable rack arms as far forward as possible, which in turn sends the plate and the top box rearwards. Also the Bottom Left shows the rack arms swung forward of the L bracket frame, where as the Top Right shows the rack arms swung rearward. Between these two features, you can considerably shift the position and thus the overhang of the top box.

White Green Light Product Black

The last pic is the side on view in the most rearward of these four positions.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motor vehicle Vehicle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts