Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
201 - 220 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks mate, yes I have scraped the exhaust and the pegs..gear lever, brake lever..and the kickstand. All in my exploration stage. I have upgraded my front springs, raised the ride hight and changed the profile of my rear tyre so it’s less likely to happen again. Ps my new exhaust has been ordered and on a slow boat heading my way. Age is not a limit on this bike, you will get there. Correct suspension setup, good body position and great tyres = confidence 👍
Awesome.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Knee down action will come with confidence and practice - don't force it or it will go wrong. I am more confident on left hand bends than right hand ones.

I love the satisfying skrrrrschhh of a knee slider on tarmac. Sadly for me those days are over as I havn't got the mobility in my hips after a hip replacment.
Bummer, but you have the memories. I wil get coaching to learn it right. I
All in good time. ATM right hand bends are more confident for me. Many of us seem to be a bit assymmetrical 😆.

Reactions: Triplesapper

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
Ozarks on the SS?

Never mind John at least your TRYING. I would suggest more practice or try again but you've been riding a long time so i suppose if you haven't got it by now it might be better to stick to straight roads. i hope that didn't cost too much

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Never mind John at least your TRYING. I would suggest more practice or try again but you've been riding a long time so i suppose if you haven't got it by now it might be better to stick to straight roads. i hope that didn't cost too much
"Your" a bit confused. But I appreciate YOUR attempted insult as so many here do. Perhaps my attempt of humor was missed or not that funny? But it wasn't offensive either. OTOH, being offensive and unfunny speaks for itself. You're certainly consistent and very persistent. ;)

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
"Your" a bit confused. But I appreciate YOUR attempted insult as so many here do. Perhaps my attempt of humor was missed or not that funny? But it wasn't offensive either. OTOH, being offensive and unfunny speaks for itself. You're certainly consistent and very persistent. ;)
Hmmm yes I'm defiantly confused. You post a picture following my post of a bike crashing ? which as far as i can see has no relevance at all to My awesome tread (which by the way i started way before your infection to this site and is about excitingly exploring the lean angles of this bike) Well i see nothing has changed here your still alive and as irritable as ever. I may check back in a few months you cant live forever.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Love your grammar. I didn't know it was your "tread" but is that a "defiant" fact or just confusion? But yes, I am glad "your" still alive.

Please check back. :geek:

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
This year too late, but since I had 2 big low sides and it's not scaring me anymore... I might invest in wheels/farings protectors and try more leaning on parkings or ''''gymkhana''''...if I fell, ok, scratches on the protectors, low speed too. Hm... of course not on the roads (I don't have such nice curvy streets available), only could find bigger parking lot. Then in 3 years I will use hammer to bend the tank for my ass and make stunts 😂

Btw. have you seen fortnine and his idea about counter leaning? 👀 Generally I practice counter leaning my body exactly for city U turns to be more confident. I don't know what to think about it on the curvy roads... someone somewhere told me it's not good and "move your body towards the corner" :rolleyes:

Edit: ah, ok, at the end of the video he explains more, so basically - nothing changed, city - better counterleaning, fast roads - normal fun

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
This year too late, but since I had 2 big low sides and it's not scaring me anymore... I might invest in wheels/farings protectors and try more leaning on parkings or ''''gymkhana''''...if I fell, ok, scratches on the protectors, low speed too. Hm... of course not on the roads (I don't have such nice curvy streets available), only could find bigger parking lot. Then in 3 years I will use hammer to bend the tank for my ass and make stunts 😂

Btw. have you seen fortnine and his idea about counter leaning? 👀 Generally I practice counter leaning my body exactly for city U turns to be more confident. I don't know what to think about it on the curvy roads... someone somewhere told me it's not good and "move your body towards the corner" :rolleyes:

Edit: ah, ok, at the end of the video he explains more, so basically - nothing changed, city - better counterleaning, fast roads - normal fun
Love this Guy he cracks me up. well he is not wrong, but please do not Counter lean at speed as you will be leaning your bike more than it needs to be and more lean = more risk. the idea is to avoid touching hard parts. Now GymKhana is real great fun But not on the SS it is a very bad bike for this !!!! A bike like the suzuki Sv650 is good for this. I use Counterleaning alot on my Big heavy KTM 1290 i did this video the other day it is the most fun bike i have ever owned an absolute beast and wheelie machine but I'm not good at wheelies :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
Love your grammar. I didn't know it was your "tread" but is that a "defiant" fact or just confusion? But yes, I am glad "your" still alive.

Please check back. :geek:
10 The last time i was on this forum i politely informed you that a post by me was not an invitation for you to interact with me. I was very clear and direct.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
10 The last time i was on this forum i politely informed you that a post by me was not an invitation for you to interact with me. I was very clear and direct.
But then you'd have no one to chat with.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Couple pics from last weekend.

Obviously the body should be off more so the bike leans less - but for the topic at hand - I think these 2 shots must be pretty close to max lean before a low-side washout?

View attachment 44054 View attachment 44053
[(y) Good stuff mate, nice lean. Technically there is a little more there, pegs & exhaust will touch but that doesn't mean you wont wash out before you get there. It depends a lot about what speed your going Tyre temperatures and how much fork compression you have. Your the guy in charge with the feel so you know better than we do. That looks like a great spot to practice ]

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
About 100 lb more that my Duc. Hanging for dear life. It got worse when I blew a brake line at the hair pin later in the ride.

I'd like to get this ol' bike running and it deserves a new owner (82k miles)

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
@GPJake that's how I got my 2nd lowside. I wasn't off enough and instead of using knee for attempting to "do somehting" I slid. Unfortunately usually I scratch my boot instead of a knee... I see pictures of people doing it but when I am personally on my own bike I feel like I can't push more my knee out :rolleyes: I have to find such place as yours to practice... I have one but it's full of dirt, bumby and at angle - only for small "8"s.

201 - 220 of 221 Posts