Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
My 2019 S is at the dealer right now for this issue. New, caliper, new cable and sensor, new pads, brake line and master cylinder.
My cable sheared and wedged between the disc and swingarm, locking the rear wheel. Brake fluid escaped and set the caliper on fire. I hastily freed my member from my one piece race leathers and fulfilled childhood fantasies of being a fireman 馃槅.D
My bike is dry stored and immaculate, only covered 3400 miles.
My 2019 S is at the dealer right now for this issue. New, caliper, new cable and sensor, new pads, brake line and master cylinder.
My cable sheared and wedged between the disc and swingarm, locking the rear wheel. Brake fluid escaped and set the caliper on fire. I hastily freed my member from my one piece race leathers and fulfilled childhood fantasies of being a fireman 馃槅.
My bike is dry stored and immaculate, only covered 3400 miles.
Are Ducati sorting this out as a warrant claim for you because the rear brake locking up seems to be a common problem on the Supersport S and some over Ducatis? I have just noticed on mine that the rear disc has become discoloured and there is a lot of travel in the rear brake lever and no rear brake to speak of. The bike has only done 4K and has been kept in a garage and only used in summer so the caliper should not have seized, also I ride with my feet stuck out a bit so I have not been dragging the brake. The bike is in for a service soon but I don't want to be paying for repairs if this is design or manufacturing issue.

Registered
I just got a '19 Ducati Supersport S and got knocked on my right side, by an idiot in a truck cutting me off into a gas station. The rear brake pedal now will not budge. Maybe the bike fell on it? Any ideas on what to do?

Registered
I just got a '19 Ducati Supersport S and got knocked on my right side, by an idiot in a truck cutting me off into a gas station. The rear brake pedal now will not budge. Maybe the bike fell on it? Any ideas on what to do?
Hope you got the insurance info from the truck guy.

Registered
Back in the 90s when I had a Harley Dyna, I thought there was too much free play on the rear brake lever. So I adjusted it. On a group ride shortly thereafter, I noticed the bike was slowing down, so much that I had to swerve to the shoulder of the road. By the time I stopped the rear wheel was completely locked up and the rotor looked like a salad bowl. I bled out the brake fluid and was able to nurse the bike home, but the ribbing from my riding buddies lasted for years! Note to self: that lever free play is there for a reason!...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts