Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure there's already a thread on tail tidy's but I can't find it. Anybody put one on yet? Evotec has been my preference in the past, but they won't have anything available for the Supersport for about 5 weeks. Has anyone tried the R & G tail tidy?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hopefully I'll get my bike next week - if so, it will come with tail tidy and LED blinker. I'll post a picture ASAP.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I havent made a decision on the tidy because I am awaiting to hear and see what your results are sir. >:)
Depending on how my back is I might start it tomorrow or Sunday.
I'm sorry about delaying you, but I'll post some pictures when it's done. I've already had to modify the registration plate holder and the reflector mounting plate. I have a slightly smaller registration plate than is the UK standard.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok everyone this one is not the universal they have a part already made for the bike is a perfect fit comes with the light and it covers the whole I had to email them regarding the part I think his going to post pictures soon on their website

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered the R&G one today so will try and post some pics as soon as I get it fitted which I am hoping will be before next weekend!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Ok, I've got my tail tidy fitted. I'll post some pictures. First picture is the standard item.
What do I think of the Ducati kit? Firstly it's too expensive as the kit provides parts for US and EU fit. Consequently what ever you do there are expensive items that you've paid for that are completely useless. Surprisingly the kit also allows for a 'long' tail tidy and a 'short' tail tidy. I must admit I wasn't aware of the short and long thing, it's on the last page of the instructions!
So needless to say I built the long one and then had to take it to pieces. I also fitted the LED indicators as well at the same time. The unit looks smart when it's on. But it's a pig to fit, the wiring for the indicators and reg plate light are far too long to be bundled up and fit under the plastic underside cover. I ended up shortening the wires from the indicators and the reg light, even then it's a struggle to fit the cover.

If your looking for a really short tail tidy or an under seat one then you need to look elsewhere. Being a manufacturer they need to make sure it' legal.

So whilst it looks good I would recommend looking elsewhere.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I've done what another poster has done. I've ordered (and already received) the Motodynamic's clear tail light with integrated turn signals. Now, I'm waiting for them to officially release the tail tidy, too. Apparently, they have made one because he has one, but they haven't posted it to their site for purchase, yet. May call them tomorrow and inquire. I really like the under tail mount versions of tail tidys.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
If your looking for a really short tail tidy or an under seat one then you need to look elsewhere. Being a manufacturer they need to make sure it' legal.

So whilst it looks good I would recommend looking elsewhere.
@steeve thanks for your honesty. Rare someone will be so transparent after spending so much money.
Not sure if its my eyes but they both seem to be in the same position above the wheel.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
It is quite a bit shorter, I didn't want an under seat registration plate so I'm OK with it, the 959 Pani has a great tail tidy but this isn't on that level.
It might be a better price if the kit wasn't so full of stuff you may not want.

I am pleased with the led indicators though, look neat and very bright.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I am pleased with the led indicators though, look neat and very bright.
I was just about to ask you about those. May be on my short list if I don't like how the motodynamics integrated looks or performs. The blink rate remained unchanged, right?

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I've done what another poster has done. I've ordered (and already received) the Motodynamic's clear tail light with integrated turn signals. Now, I'm waiting for them to officially release the tail tidy, too. Apparently, they have made one because he has one, but they haven't posted it to their site for purchase, yet. May call them tomorrow and inquire. I really like the under tail mount versions of tail tidys.
I emailed Motodynamic as well asking about the tail tidy. I wonder if it is just the same as the Monster 1200 kit since the tail light is the same?

I am really liking the smoke led light with the integrated turn signals.

1 - 20 of 300 Posts