Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
261 - 280 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
could you tell me if oem signals can be used ? thx :wink2:
There are two tabs with circular holes for aftermarket blinkers to attach to using bolt and nut\washer. If I remember correctly, the stock signals won’t work because they have a large plastic base/stalk.

However, the competition werkes fender eliminator came with new turn signals included in the kit. I didn’t use them, since I have a motodynamics intergrated turn signals.

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
529 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
There are two tabs with circular holes for aftermarket blinkers to attach to using bolt and nut\washer. If I remember correctly, the stock signals won’t work because they have a large plastic base/stalk.

However, the competition werkes fender eliminator came with new turn signals included in the kit. I didn’t use them, since I have a motodynamics intergrated turn signals.

Looks like the MD fender eliminator works with the OEM turn signals.

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yep, that's exactly how mine looks + I put marine silicon-type sealant around the mounting plate and also where the wires go into the blinkers + I put a small rear-facing bicycle type red reflector below the number plate (part of our AustDesingRules).

·
Registered
Ducati Supersport S 2017, white
61 Posts
Just wanna say thank you to everyone in this thread. I was looking for the best recommendations for a tail tidy and finally settled on the EvoTech.
It should arrive tomorrow.

Out of curiosityI asked my dealer how much they charge to do the work, if I provide the piece. I knew it was going to be high but it's higher than I thought.

Looks like I'll have to do it myself. No big deal you'll say :D Well, I haven't done any work on my bikes before and I know I'm really really **** at these things.
On a scale from 1 to 10, how hard will it be for a complete newbie?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just wanna say thank you to everyone in this thread. I was looking for the best recommendations for a tail tidy and finally settled on the EvoTech.
It should arrive tomorrow.

Out of curiosityI asked my dealer how much they charge to do the work, if I provide the piece. I knew it was going to be high but it's higher than I thought.

Looks like I'll have to do it myself. No big deal you'll say :D Well, I haven't done any work on my bikes before and I know I'm really really **** at these things.
On a scale from 1 to 10, how hard will it be for a complete newbie?
It is not difficult. I don’t consider myself a wiz with tools but anyway managed to do all of my mods in my driveway. Most challenging but doable has been the decat and Termi installation. The EvoTech tail tidy was quite easy even if I ended up with a piece that is not in the instructions and I don’t know where to put :oops:. Follow the install instructions that can be downloaded from the EvoTech web-page, - also with respect to routing of indicator wires to get a clean installation. I actually spent most of the time on fitting the license plate as I didn‘t want to drill new holes. Just be carefull not to mollest the underseat screws when uninstalling the OEM license plate holder and make sure you have enough time to finish the project or pause if you cannot finish within the planned timeframe. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Took me about half an hour and I wasn't rushing. The instructions are really good along with the illustrations. You don't have to cut and shut any cabling, and like the last correspondent the lengthy bit was drilling the holes in the registration plate.

·
Administrator
8,111 Posts
As I recall, for those who use panniers, the Evo Tail Tidy required enlarging two holes to accommodate pannier bracket bolts. It would be helpful to see a pic of the holes that required enlarging if someone who has done this can please post.

·
Registered
61 Posts
the lengthy bit was drilling the holes in the registration plate
I was sure my current license plate had the holes in the right place and therefore underestimated that problem. I was wrong, I'll need to drill new holes as well.

I actually spent most of the time on fitting the license plate as I didn‘t want to drill new holes
Did you end up doing that without drilling new holes?

I don't have a drill unfortunately... Buying one just for this sounds like an overkill :/
The "joy" of renting instead owning your home: I never have the right tools...

EDIT: actually, I just realized the two pieces of metal that the manual refers to, at the end, are what makes it adapt to my plate's existing holes. Should be alright on that.
It's the reflectors hols that I need to drill.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was sure my current license plate had the holes in the right place and therefore underestimated that problem. I was wrong, I'll need to drill new holes as well.

Did you end up doing that without drilling new holes?

I don't have a drill unfortunately... Buying one just for this sounds like an overkill :/
The "joy" of renting instead owning your home: I never have the right tools...

EDIT: actually, I just realized the two pieces of metal that the manual refers to, at the end, are what makes it adapt to my plate's existing holes. Should be alright on that.
It's the reflectors hols that I need to drill.
Yes, without drilling new holes. And you are right, the two small pieces are key to re-using the holes. Still I struggled with making it fit under the platelight, but succeeded eventually.

·
Registered
220 Posts
With my kit, there was a roughly 5 by 10 cm piece with two holes in it. Did you also get that piece and where did you put it? The only place I can think of putting it is to cover a small gap between the tail tidy and plastic underseat towards the rear cylinder.

·
Registered
178 Posts
With my kit, there was a roughly 5 by 10 cm piece with two holes in it. Did you also get that piece and where did you put it? The only place I can think of putting it is to cover a small gap between the tail tidy and plastic underseat towards the rear cylinder.
I didn't use it. I have kept it for a rainy day! :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ah hang on - I attached that to the bottom of my plate and stuck the reflector on it - sorry

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, without drilling new holes. And you are right, the two small pieces are key to re-using the holes. Still I struggled with making it fit under the platelight, but succeeded eventually.
Would you happen to have a picture? I'm having some issues fitting my plate even with those small pieces.

It sounds like the reflector holder, yeah. You need to drill holes in the plate for that, don't think there's another way.

261 - 280 of 301 Posts