Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
281 - 300 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
I will have to make some pictures of my solution. Plates are differently sized and mounting holes from previous mounting will be different. I will make pics of my mount tomorrow. The part I don‘t get is not for the reflector. It is the part in the upper right corner of attached pic.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I will have to make some pictures of my solution. Plates are differently sized and mounting holes from previous mounting will be different. I will make pics of my mount tomorrow. The part I don‘t get is not for the reflector. It is the part in the upper right corner of attached pic. View attachment 41076
That part in the top right of the photo is definitely what I used to attach the reflector to the bottom of my registration plate.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
220 Posts
That part in the top right of the photo is definitely what I used to attach the reflector to the bottom of my registration plate.

Hope that helps.
Thanks, there is a nother part included specifically for the reflector. Mount of this is also shown in the install instructions. It is the left part below I am confused about. The part on the right side is for the reflector (while I am sure both will work :) )

I was thinking that the part on the left was for closing the gap shown in this pic:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Would you happen to have a picture? I'm having some issues fitting my plate even with those small pieces.

It sounds like the reflector holder, yeah. You need to drill holes in the plate for that, don't think there's another way.
Hope this helps. My license plate had a backing plate with DUCATI printed on the lower edge. Was planning to place the reflector over the print if forced. Bottom screws are just clamping the edge of the license plate, while the upper screws re-used the holes from OEM mount. As can be seen from pic 3 and 4 the edge of the small brackets peep out 1/2-1 mm above the license plate. Couldn’t make it fit otherwise, but is not noticed when viewed from the rear.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks, there is a nother part included specifically for the reflector. Mount of this is also shown in the install instructions. It is the left part below I am confused about. The part on the right side is for the reflector (while I am sure both will work :) )

View attachment 41086

I was thinking that the part on the left was for closing the gap shown in this pic:
My bad, you are right about the reflector bit - sorry!. I didn't use the other bit and still have it knocking about somewhere...

·
Registered
54 Posts
The extra part is used on the monster 1200, I was having the same thoughts about closing a gap.
This tail tidy is both for the supersport and the monster 1200R.

Hans

·
Registered
220 Posts
The extra part is used on the monster 1200, I was having the same thoughts about closing a gap.
This tail tidy is both for the supersport and the monster 1200R.

Hans
Thanks Hans, I had same thoughts that it would be for fitting on a Monster, but after checking installation instructions for the monster 1200 and not finding it on any of the instructions I gave up on that and came back to the filling a gap idea. :) After your good input I also checked the 821 instructions and dang there it is.

·
Registered
Ducati Supersport S 2017, white
61 Posts
I finally managed to fit mine. Took me several hours though, the original screws were pretty rusted too, which didn't help. Pretty happy with the result and again thanks @Capone and everyone else for the help.
I'm not a big fan of the reflector, but it's the law...
Next, I'm gonna need to buy black plate screws for the reflector. The yellow ones seem made with the UK plates in mind and stand out pretty badly on my otherwise neat plate.
I also need to find a solution to cover the previous holes (I ended up having to drill those two extra holes in the end.. saved me the pain of fitting in the adapters).

Two small things I noticed
1. the plate vibrates a little, when opening the gas. It's only noticeable when I'm stopped and revving the bike. Once I wear the helmet and get on the move, I can't hear it (wind noise probably higher).
2. there's a bit of a gap between the OEM cover and the EVO cover, underneath the seat. I may have done something wrong with the cables (very possible, this section in the manual was a bit hard to understand, especially with pics in black/white). @Capone I see from your pic that you have this gap too, so I presume it's normal?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I finally managed to fit mine. Took me several hours though, the original screws were pretty rusted too, which didn't help. Pretty happy with the result and again thanks @Capone and everyone else for the help.
Looks great. Much cleaner without the brackets. (y)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
@Schmiloff Welcome to the board. Maybe post a bit about yourself and your bike in the new members section?

You wont go far wrong with Evotech stuff (y)

Reactions: Schmiloff and Ed K

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
I have a practical question: do you loctite the screws? From the beginning I have only OEM holder and it's so good to hold the plate I don't use anything. I found also a good method to write down on the back your phone number with waterproof marker in case you loose it. Strange but 7/10 of my friends lost theirs 👀

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
@Grossi.BP I used blue loctite on all the screws that secure my EvoTech Tail Tidy to the bike. The Supersport vibrates that much that I'm concerned they will work lose 😅

As regards loctite on the screws that hold the number plate to the Tail Tidy - no, I've never had a problem with the number plate coming loose on any bikes I've had.

In the UK, the number plate is plastic (acrylic) and the nuts and bolts that hold them to the Tail Tidy are plastic too.

Reactions: Grossi.BP

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just checked my rear number plate after a ride when my rear brake reservoir cap vibrated off and the number plate was about to fall off. I tightened plastic screws as far as i dared with some loctite and seems secure after another long ride, however i now have some nice stress cracks in the acrylic around the plate bolts. So be careful not to overtighten and use loctite. The fix for my rear brake reservoir cap coming off is in photo below. Motech product, that aint going nowhere! Ive also emailed Brembo as appears this is quite a common occurrence and brake fluid over your rear wheel / tyre is not good. The brembo cap should be screw fixed as the front reservoirs not held by the cap thread.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Not had an issue with my number plate coming lose at all. Looks as if you have the Evotech Tail Tidy fitted Richard17?

My brake fluid cover came off too last year. Luckily it was in for a service and the Dealer noticed it was missing. Must have come off on the way to getting it serviced.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes evotech. I looked back on photos of my bike since first service and the cap came off shortly after then but the rubber bung kept fluid in for around 1500 miles with no cap until one recent bumpy ride. Cant believe i didnt spot it earlier. Shocking yours came off too, this is a major safety failure by brembo, i will follow up with them.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
A few other forum members havd had the same issue. Be good if it got sorted under a recall.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@Schmiloff Welcome to the board. Maybe post a bit about yourself and your bike in the new members section?

You wont go far wrong with Evotech stuff (y)
@Schmiloff Welcome! Very glad you joined us!

Looks like from the profile pic you have a 2021 SS (?).
@Triplesapper Will do now!

@Ed K Yep, finally got her yesterday! Ordered in march, wanted to get a few bits and pieces whilst I wanted. My first Ducati and I'm definitely impressed!

281 - 300 of 301 Posts