Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I'm contemplating buying a 950 or 950S (and my first Ducati!), but wanted to ask if anyone has any ideas on the feasibility of lowering or moving the passenger footpegs by 1-2 inches, which would give my tall SO some relief on the longer rides. She's around 5'8. Any thoughts would be most welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Reactions: fragfeaster777

·
Super Moderator
7,825 Posts
@fragfeaster777 Welcome! Very glad you joined us!

Has she had a chance to sit on a SuperSport pillion with you in the showroom to try it (as 5’8” doesn’t seem that tall for the stock configuration)?

Also, are you guys considering using the bike frequently 2-up and/or for extended trips, or just occasionally 2-up?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys, and many thanks for the replies so far!

@Triplesapper: Thanks for the link! I'll email the company and see what options they have for the 950.

@Ed K : Yep, we went to the showroom and both sat on the bike for some time. For me (5'7) it fit like a glove. For her, although her height shouldn't be a concern like you say, she has proportionately longer legs (and a shorter torso) than an average 5'8, and so her legs felt a little cramped. It's a problem we are having on many bikes that we've tried so far (must be over 20 now). However, I think that by adding a bit more distance (even if its 1 - 1.5 inches) between the passenger seat and footpegs, either in the form of increasing the passenger seat height or lowering the pegs, we can get there in terms of comfort.

Ideally, we'd like to be able to use the bike for frequent 2-up trips of 3-4 days, and for regular Saturday / Sunday morning blasts. I don't think we'll be doing extended trips (ie 2-week stints) on it.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,825 Posts
@fragfeaster777 You might already be aware that the SuperSport also has an available “comfort” seat, that has a bit more padding than the standard seat that might extend to the pillion. You might ask the shop if they have a comfort seat to try on a showroom bike.

·
Registered
2021 Supersport 950s, 2019 Multistrada 950s
53 Posts
@fragfeaster777 If you havent solved your problem yet…
I am using what @Triplesapper suggested for the driver peg with good result. I didn’t know how much I needed to adjust so I bought the adjustable 25-50mm version. It will also move the position of the peg approx 16mm out from the bike vs original.
The pillion peg is identical to the driver peg so it should work fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts