Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,796 Posts
I've used Tech Spec grips on my K1200S tank, and was pleased with the result.

But perhaps someone might be aware of a company that is making them specifically for the SS.

·
DucatiSupersport939.net Vendor
117 Posts
We have an order coming in from R&G EaziGrip. Unlike other tank grips which are known to wear out your gear over time (lots of complaints about this with Techspec) the EaziGrip's have a stickers material which is super friendly with your gear.

Furthermore, these grips are highly popular with the Panigale riders, since the shape of the tank is more complex than other bikes out there, and usually thicker grips have a hard time following the beautiful contours of the tank. Supersport's tank is no different to this, since it has the curves and edges. The R&G EaziGrips are known to be highly formable to even the most complex tank shapes.

We do have one set available for the Supersport right now available for immediate shipment.

You can view them here : https://supersportcentral.com/collections/tank-grip-pads/products/r-g-racing-tank-traction-grip-pads-for-ducati-supersport-supersport-s

·
Registered
167 Posts
I haven't been able to add tank grips to my SS. It's just so pretty with its bare tank that I'll just keep sliding off the back during hard acceleration. It's what we do for those we love.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Stompgrip has clear ones. That's all I would consider. This bike is too d4mn sexy to cover it up with blackness. :cool:

With that said, IDK if Stompgrip has a bike specific set for the SS, yet.
Clear ones tend to turn yellow after a while. No issues with yellowing on Stompgrips?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Stompgrip has clear ones. That's all I would consider. This bike is too d4mn sexy to cover it up with blackness. :cool:

With that said, IDK if Stompgrip has a bike specific set for the SS, yet.
A quick search on Stompgrips website shows that they DO have Supersport specific kits. However the pictures show them with black dots? Surely they are there to show the grips on the bike (clear may not be visible?)

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
Looks like they are $54.95 and , yes, come in clear. The pics look like they have used Photoshop to put the pads on the bike. Will possibly look way different in person. I suspect they would not be too visible. YMMV.

STREETBIKE KIT - VOLCANO - 0146

And Mani has some from R&G. Didn't know about those until he posted up about them, so I have no experience with their product.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Looks like they are $54.95 and , yes, come in clear. The pics look like they have used Photoshop to put the pads on the bike. Will possibly look way different in person. I suspect they would not be too visible. YMMV.

STREETBIKE KIT - VOLCANO - 0146

And Mani has some from R&G. Didn't know about those until he posted up about them, so I have no experience with their product.

That looks like band-aid brand.

·
Registered
336 Posts

·
DucatiSupersport939.net Vendor
117 Posts
Look quality, but seem a bit much for me. Covers tons of real estate. I just want something to put my knee on to better hold on.
They do come in clear too. Just haven't received anything from R&G yet. They are a bit behind with production. You can also always cut them to your own desired shape. Since these aren't thick like the others, they are fairly easy to cut with an X-acto knife.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts