Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a louder exhaust than stock and have my eyes on the Termignoni D181 race can.
I found a nice instruction on the removal of stock and installation of the Termignoni but cannot find out if the engine will need a re-map, if a Power Commander or alike is needed or if it will be plug-and-play?
The forum thread on this is so overwhelmingly full of all sorts of information that I have given up on finding the answer and therefor ask here.

BTW, Local Ducati reseller will not sell nor install as the item is not official Ducati accessory (Akrapovic, won this one I guess).

Termignoni D181 Supersport installation

·
Registered
78 Posts
no remap needed, I have tried with stock airfilter and after market K&N type, but prefer stock so far (mostly at sea level.)

·
Registered
529 Posts
My dealer is happy to install the Termignoni but isn’t allowed by Ducati until AFTER the warranty expires. That is, unless you jump through a dozen hoops (verify it’s race only, trailer the bike in) and agree that it voids the warranty, as it’s now a race bike with different usage parameters. By the way, that goes for the Akrapovic race exhaust, too. If your dealer didn’t meet those requirements, they either got it installed before the new policy or are ignoring them (which could lead to an unpleasant surprise for an owner submitting a warranty claim).

Even modern bikes need help adjusting to a more free-flowing exhaust, so new fuel mapping is ideal.

Termignini has an elegant solution to upload new fuel maps and I understand will be releasing some for the Supersport soon. To me their UpMap product is a big appeal of the Termi.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dealer is happy to install the Termignoni but isn’t allowed by Ducati until AFTER the warranty expires. That is, unless you jump through a dozen hoops (verify it’s race only, trailer the bike in) and agree that it voids the warranty, as it’s now a race bike with different usage parameters. By the way, that goes for the Akrapovic race exhaust, too. If your dealer didn’t meet those requirements, they either got it installed before the new policy or are ignoring them (which could lead to an unpleasant surprise for an owner submitting a warranty claim).

Even modern bikes need help adjusting to a more free-flowing exhaust, so new fuel mapping is ideal.

Termignini has an elegant solution to upload new fuel maps and I understand will be releasing some for the Supersport soon. To me their UpMap product is a big appeal of the Termi.
Thanks. Will wait a while to catch the most likely faults under warranty and maybe UpMap will have a fuel map for it to be my winter project. :grin2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. Will wait a while to catch the most likely faults under warranty and maybe UpMap will have a fuel map for it to be my winter project. :grin2:
Capone, what did you end up doing? I would like to install the Termignoni on my SS, but you are right that it's hard to find good information. I saw a youtube video where flames shot out of the exhaust with the D181 (looked very cool) and then I also noticed that was with a decibel killer, which is another thing I have no clue of. IMO it looks like the only options are Term, Comp Werkes, and the Akrapovic (which would remove the rear seat pegs) so for me that narrows it down the Termignoni. I just don't know what else is involved. Do we have to do a tune or any other steps? I see this post is from last summer so if you don't mind sharing what you did I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just installed the Termignoni a few weeks ago and so far have no regrets. The system comes with baffle/DB-killer mounted. It is plenty loud in this configuration. A lot of people settle with the OEM fuel map. I found it too jerky on the throttle response at low speeds. After doing the UpMap with map for the D181 with baffle in, the bike runs much smoother and I do feel also the added power somehow. So to answer your question if you need to do anything else. No, you don’t need to, but I recommend going with the UpMap to get the most out of it. Check out the last pages of this thread as well Termignoni Exhaust

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just installed the Termignoni a few weeks ago and so far have no regrets. The system comes with baffle/DB-killer mounted. It is plenty loud in this configuration. A lot of people settle with the OEM fuel map. I found it too jerky on the throttle response at low speeds. After doing the UpMap with map for the D181 with baffle in, the bike runs much smoother and I do feel also the added power somehow. So to answer your question if you need to do anything else. No, you don’t need to, but I recommend going with the UpMap to get the most out of it. Check out the last pages of this thread as well Termignoni Exhaust
Thank you for the info! I'm excited to do this. And I'll research that thread as well!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Capone, did you get the upmap with the exhaust or purchase it separately? I just picked up the exhaust but it didn’t have an option to add the upmap and I can find it anywhere.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The T800 from upmap is sold separately and comes with choice of one free map. Be sure to get the cable as well if it is not offered as part of the T800 deal. I purchased everything from the same vendor www.Desmoheart.com
A used T800 unit is locked to the bike, so be careful with ebay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts