Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

841 - 848 of 848 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Termi pops so sweet when on the throttle and changing gears by QS. Any one noticed this?? Feels like I have begun riding the bike a bit harder, just because of this effect. Not sure it is healthy in the long run.

·
Registered
129 Posts
So I put the UpMap on during the winter and I've gone through 4 tanks of gas now that riding weather is more regular. I've averaged 37Mpg (US) since flashing the UpMap. This is freeway and highway commuting with speeds from 50-80Mph. I only go hard on the throttle when I'm merging onto the freeway. This is significantly worse than stock fueling where I average 43.4Mpg (US) over 13.5k miles.

I really like the fueling of the UpMap and the boost in power is lovely. Honestly, the powerband is a bit boring now. The motor just pulls from 4k RPM to redline non-stop, without any fuss. Compared to doing the same on my Triumph Street Triple RS, which has more top end and feels like it has variable valves, the Ducati is kind of boring now! That flat spot on stock fueling made the power opening up feel like a boost.

Like @Capone said though, the pops with the QS sometimes sound great and the off throttle burbles are still there, so I'm happy with that.

I'm disappointed in how much my mileage has gone down, especially with the small tank, but gas is cheap right now so I guess I just need to be less miserly.

·
Registered
129 Posts
@Lopez0101 From your perspective, overall, does the upgrade to Termi plus UpMap justify the cost over the stock set-up?
I forgot to mention before, but all my impressions are with the baffle in, including the baffle in map.

I think the Termi itself, at least, is worth it. The UpMap has made fueling perfectly smooth, but the stock fueling with just the exhaust felt good as well. The difference between stock and UpMap when putting around is subtle, but UpMap is better. UpMap definitely feels faster.

I'd say that if you're happy with stock fueling, Termi or not, it's not necessarily worth the cost of the UpMap.

·
Super Moderator
5,796 Posts
@Lopez0101 Thanks. Although I’m happy with the stock fueling, I’d love the power bump of the Termi, but I have quite sensitive ears...so unsure if it might be too loud, for me, that is.

I’ve tried the full Akra without baffles, and that is too loud for me. It could be fine for others, to each their own, really, but for me, too loud.

But I haven’t tried either the full Akra with baffles, or the Termi either with or without baffles. Wish the dealer might have a Termi/Upmap with baffles to also try...but very unlikely, I guess, especially since it’s not technically “approved”.

·
Registered
129 Posts
@Ed K I don't find the Termi with the baffle in to be all that loud. Certainly louder than stock and maybe just on the edge of being civil when leaving the neighborhood for work in the morning. With ear plugs on the freeway I don't really notice that sound. It's nothing like when my Triumph's Yosh pipe had the baffle disappear going down the road. That pipe was so loud I went and spent $800 on the OEM Arrow system for some quiet, lol.

841 - 848 of 848 Posts