Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

861 - 880 of 906 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Guys
I'm considering the Termi exhaust, it sounds cool in the video and not super loud like CW for track days.
Also Termi tuned the exhaust for the hypermotard engine, so probably they spent some engineering time on it.

I have one question:
Do you know if ilmberger belly pan would fit that exhaust too?
I was trying to find same info.
The link to Fullsix says it will only fit the full Akrapovic.
I think the Ilmberger was reported to require custom made brackets.
There is a non CF Belly pan available from Italo-shop.de which I believe will fit the Termi. Not sure about need for customised brackets though.
First hi all, Im new here. I signed up after days looking for information about Termi + Ilmberger belly pan.

Finally I decided to buy the Termi exhaust and try some luck.

Here is the results, u need nothing! Ilmberger belly pan fits very well. It have two holes at each side, the top hole fits with the original point, only put a nut in the screws of the bottom hole and DONE!

IMG_20201130_211916.jpg IMG_20201130_211850.jpg IMG_20201130_211911.jpg

Sorry for my english, Im not native.

·
Registered
214 Posts
First hi all, Im new here. I signed up after days looking for information about Termi + Ilmberger belly pan.

Here is the results, u need nothing! Ilmberger belly pan fits very well. It have two holes at each side, the top hole fits with the original point, only put a nut in the screws of the bottom hole and DONE!

View attachment 42209 View attachment 42210 View attachment 42211

Awesome! Was it in stock when you ordered and how long time was the delivery?
Welcome on here and thanks for letting us know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome! Was it in stock when you ordered and how long time was the delivery?
Welcome on here and thanks for letting us know.
Hi, I bought the exhaust during black friday from motostorm.it, (740€) exactly I ordered it on the 23rd and I received it the friday 30th (To Spain)

·
Registered
71 Posts

View attachment 42209 View attachment 42210 View attachment 42211

Thanks a lot for sharing, I ordered Termignoni a week ago.
That's exactly the information I was looking for.
This combo of Termi+cf belly pan+red wheels is sexier than new white SS 950S

I love it 👏🏻

·
Registered
5 Posts
Consensus seems to be stock map is fine with Termi D181? Just could be better with the upmap? I would like to have the Termi installed, am corresponding with my dealer. they have no experience with the T800 and want $1100 for a custom tune. I’d rather try it with the stock map and not pay that for the custom tune, then pickup the T800 at some point down the road (seems similar to coding bmw cars). Any thoughts?

·
Registered
36 Posts
AVUser007 - another option is a Power Commander. I've been corresponding with them, and their base map for the Supersport provides some improvements by getting around typical leaning needed for CARB and DOT compliance. There's also a lot of Power Commander tuning centers - last time I had a custom map (for my 929), it cost about $300. I'm sticking with the stock exhaust, but am seriously thinking about getting a Power Commander to see what sort of performance improvement can be realized with their base Supersport map.

Only problem is you can't get a Power Commander with a California address.

·
Super Moderator
7,603 Posts
@AVUser007 I don't recall any posts that did a side by side dyno map of a Termi exhaust with upmap compared with a Termi exhaust and Power Commander, or Termi exhaust and Rapid Bike or other specialized tuning with Termi exhaust.

But, as it appears you’ve already noticed, there are many posts that indicate the Termi exhaust combined with Termi upmap works very well.

And although the Termi exhaust alone without upmap will work fine, as I recall there were a few Members that indicated there was a slight loss of mid range compared with stock exhaust set-up.

There were several Members who actually installed the Termi exhaust, and then did before and after upmap road tests. Those posts can be found search through the exhaust section of the Forum. The riders might also chime in with their experiences.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Which belly pan did you order? The one for the factory exhaust or the Akrapovic? Your bike looks muy bueno! (Excuse my Spanish, I learn from Californians, not Spaniards!)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi, I bought the exhaust during black friday from motostorm.it, (740€) exactly I ordered it on the 23rd and I received it the friday 30th (To Spain)
I meant delivery time from ilmberger. The bellypan seems out of stock.

·
Registered
104 Posts
So does the Up Map come with 2 options, depending on whether you leave the baffles in or not? Please tell me you don't have to buy 2 different maps.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,711 Posts
So does the Up Map come with 2 options, depending on whether you leave the baffles in or not? Please tell me you don't have to buy 2 different maps.
Yes, 2 different maps. There 3 available; stock exhaust, Termi with baffle, Termi without baffle. I have the baffle out most of the time so bought the baffle out map. If I ever have to fit the baffle I don't expect it to make a huge difference.

·
Registered
71 Posts
@Bad Alice Derek is correct.
I would like to add you get only one free map when you buy the dongle. Anything more, you have to pay for it around 90 Euro.
so you will have to choose with or without db map.

You also can restore the stock map for free anytime.

·
Registered
Ducati Supersport S 2017, white
60 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm considering buying the Termignoni exhaust for my 2017 Ducati SSS.
This is probably a very silly question but is the exhaust itself coming with the DB killer? Or is that sold separately?
I'm looking at Termignoni's website and I see that they sell it as a standalone one, so I thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm considering buying the Termignoni exhaust for my 2017 Ducati SSS.
This is probably a very silly question but is the exhaust itself coming with the DB killer? Or is that sold separately?
I'm looking at Termignoni's website and I see that they sell it as a standalone one, so I thought I'd ask.
It comes with the DB killer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
As Jippo said, it comes with db killer. Hard to mount db killer after slip-on is installed though, so do it before :/

I would say db killer adds some grunt to the sound due to reverbing.
DB killer dampen the sound a bit at high revs, on low revs it doesn't sound much less really just more gruntier.

In the Nordics, they are really picky about how much db are allowed on the tracks so I have to use it.
but otherwise, I like it more without. It's more bass and less grunt without.

·
Registered
Ducati Supersport S 2017, white
60 Posts
As Jippo said, it comes with db killer. Hard to mount db killer after slip-on is installed though, so do it before :/

I would say db killer adds some grunt to the sound due to reverbing.
DB killer dampen the sound a bit at high revs, on low revs it doesn't sound much less really just more gruntier.

In the Nordics, they are really picky about how much db are allowed on the tracks so I have to use it.
but otherwise, I like it more without. It's more bass and less grunt without.
Oh... I thought I could easily take the db killer on and off like in many other exhausts/bikes :/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh... I thought I could easily take the db killer on and off like in many other exhausts/bikes :/
My view - you easily can. I swapped the screw for a slightly longer one to make it easier to handle, but it’s 60 seconds to put it on or take it off. I did a couple stints with both configurations, then threw the db killer away :).
Make sure you get the T800 UpMap, very easy configuration, runs much better, but there is still the occasional backfire.
Sound is very personal, but in my view the sound of the stock exhaust was underwhelming on such a cool looking bike. The Termi solves that.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Jabbin here has the Termi. He took out the DB killer and it really sounded great. Great to have the option with or without the killer.

861 - 880 of 906 Posts