Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

901 - 906 of 906 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,350 Posts
Can you not use a flexible head ratchet spanner to remove the lambda sensor bolt?
unfortunately not as the the cable is still attached and there is no room for a spanner to move, the best type of socket would be that same as you would use to remove a spark plug but with an open channel through it to allow cable to pass through AKA a Lambda socket. or a cut down open ended 17mm spanner and fiddly little turns.
 

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
Joined
·
1,711 Posts
I'm not sure what you're asking @Ed K but if I was fitting it again I'd ignore the fitting instructions that came with the Termi system and remove the front header instead of struggling with the rear one. This would save the hassle of struggling with the heat shields, the lambda sensor and the 3 nuts holding the rear header to the cylinder head and also the issue of barely enough clearance against the swinging arm to get the Termi mid section over the front header pipe. It would need the exhaust servo motor removed and the oil cooler moved out of the way but I don't think that's a big deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,350 Posts
I'm not sure what you're asking @Ed K but if I was fitting it again I'd ignore the fitting instructions that came with the Termi system and remove the front header instead of struggling with the rear one. This would save the hassle of struggling with the heat shields and lambda sensor on the rear header and the issue of barely enough clearance against the swinging arm to to get the Termi mid section over the front header pipe. It would need the exhaust servo motor removed and the oil cooler moved out of the way but I don't think that's a big deal.
I agree It would also be easier to remove and replace the rear shock that would give loads of room and end up quicker. anyway job done and i wont have to do it again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Had the same feeling when I fitted the Termi. First the endless effort to remove the probe by mm turns and afterwards partially giving up on fitting the pipes. It was so close but just refused to fit the last bit so in the end had do it over two days to avoid ruining something in agression. Anyway, I seem to remember leaving the rear header pipe attached to the cylinder (but very loose) and then the fight (heavyweight wiggliing) was all about getting the to pipes together. It may just be my memory of it since I tried in so many ways. So see if that is possible. Maybe others could chip in with advice on how they managed to put it together.
That's the way I got it done. No room to spare anywhere, though.
 
901 - 906 of 906 Posts
Top