Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
901 - 920 of 921 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Can you not use a flexible head ratchet spanner to remove the lambda sensor bolt?
unfortunately not as the the cable is still attached and there is no room for a spanner to move, the best type of socket would be that same as you would use to remove a spark plug but with an open channel through it to allow cable to pass through AKA a Lambda socket. or a cut down open ended 17mm spanner and fiddly little turns.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,724 Posts
I'm not sure what you're asking @Ed K but if I was fitting it again I'd ignore the fitting instructions that came with the Termi system and remove the front header instead of struggling with the rear one. This would save the hassle of struggling with the heat shields, the lambda sensor and the 3 nuts holding the rear header to the cylinder head and also the issue of barely enough clearance against the swinging arm to get the Termi mid section over the front header pipe. It would need the exhaust servo motor removed and the oil cooler moved out of the way but I don't think that's a big deal.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I'm not sure what you're asking @Ed K but if I was fitting it again I'd ignore the fitting instructions that came with the Termi system and remove the front header instead of struggling with the rear one. This would save the hassle of struggling with the heat shields and lambda sensor on the rear header and the issue of barely enough clearance against the swinging arm to to get the Termi mid section over the front header pipe. It would need the exhaust servo motor removed and the oil cooler moved out of the way but I don't think that's a big deal.
I agree It would also be easier to remove and replace the rear shock that would give loads of room and end up quicker. anyway job done and i wont have to do it again.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Had the same feeling when I fitted the Termi. First the endless effort to remove the probe by mm turns and afterwards partially giving up on fitting the pipes. It was so close but just refused to fit the last bit so in the end had do it over two days to avoid ruining something in agression. Anyway, I seem to remember leaving the rear header pipe attached to the cylinder (but very loose) and then the fight (heavyweight wiggliing) was all about getting the to pipes together. It may just be my memory of it since I tried in so many ways. So see if that is possible. Maybe others could chip in with advice on how they managed to put it together.
That's the way I got it done. No room to spare anywhere, though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm running out of tire (180/55 Corsa II) on the track and need some margins, Hopefully 190 might help.

I have a question. The Termi exhaust clears the rear tire with some small margins.
Has anyone tried Corsa II tires with 190/55 size with Termi installed?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think the gap between Termi and the tire might fit.
The question is if the swing arm flex during full lean, it might actually scrap the Termi exhaust a bit.
I think one would see that with a black line or something marking the Termi tip.

@Rhino Looking through history, you seem you are a big fan of 190/55 and have recently installed Termi.
Does the 190/55 clears the Termi fine?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I think the gap between Termi and the tire might fit.
The question is if the swing arm flex during full lean, it might actually scrap the Termi exhaust a bit.
I think one would see that with a black line or something marking the Termi tip.

@Rhino Looking through history, you seem you are a big fan of 190/55 and have recently installed Termi.
Does the 190/55 clears the Termi fine?
Hey Mate. Yes the 190/55 clears the Termi fine and if you want a little more room you can add a space washer between the hanger bracket and the termi bracket (on the outer side of the bracket) which angles it a little outwards away from the wheel. I noticed this when fitting that the exhaust can be pushed towards or away from the tyre. The only consideration for fitting the 190 /55 on the 5.5'' OEM rim is you must be considerate of how low you run your tyre pressure as the side wall will deform more than if it was fitted to a 6" rim. i have run the rear at 32PSI with no issues

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I agree It would also be easier to remove and replace the rear shock that would give loads of room and end up quicker. anyway job done and i wont have to do it again.
@Rhino . In retrospect , is it wothwhile to have someone else lose skin to get it done. Assuming I can get a fixed price?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I always thought a DB killer, or ‘baffle’ partially blocked the exhaust, like a perforated ‘cup’ inserted to retard the gas flow?

I’m now wondering if mine actually has a DB killer installed, as my Termi exhaust was ‘straight though’…. and it’s pretty loud. I haven’t been able to take it for a test ride yet as I’m now laid up in bed, fighting off a nasty lurgy. (With all this social distancing, lockdowns and mask wearing, I’m b*ggered if I know where (or HOW) I caught this!)

Does somebody have a photo of what the DB killer looks like? On mine, it looks like there is an inner sleeve of some sort near the opening, but as I said, it’s straight through. (I can’t go over to the garage ATM to take a better look as the ‘recovery ward nurse’ would not approve…)

·
Registered
83 Posts
…if I was fitting it again I'd ignore the fitting instructions that came with the Termi system and remove the front header instead of struggling with the rear one.

…It would need the exhaust servo motor removed and the oil cooler moved out of the way but I don't think that's a big deal.
As the most recent inductee of the ‘I Installed The Termi And Survived‘ club, I approve, and fully endorse, this suggestion. (I had already removed the exhaust servo and installed a ‘servo eliminator’ plug. )

…except, I would still loosen the rear header pipe as well, but using the method I discovered while installing mine this past weekend. No need to access the right hand side of the rear header at all. (See the video below)

I predict that if you have both headers loose, it will be a far, far quicker and much, much less frustrating experience. @Ashleyf, I nominate YOU as the guinea pig.

(note the blood on the knuckle @0:43!)

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Finally skinned the cat.... There's only so much wriggling and bashing I'm prepared to do .
As the most recent inductee of the ‘I Installed The Termi And Survived‘ club, I approve, and fully endorse, this suggestion. (I had already removed the exhaust servo and installed a ‘servo eliminator’ plug. )

…except, I would still loosen the rear header pipe as well, but using the method I discovered while installing mine this past weekend. No need to access the right hand side of the rear header at all. (See the video below)

I predict that if you have both headers loose, it will be a far, far quicker and much, much less frustrating experience. @Ashleyf, I nominate YOU as the guinea pig.

(note the blood on the knuckle @0:43!)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Vertical was no problem , even with only 2 header bolts loose. Horizontal was not going to co-operate.
Never going to use the old system, and plenty of used ones for free.
Now, if only the bent spanner will work. ( Too thick at present so will have to grind).
Couldn't get the right inner heat shield off as 4 mm Allen is now round. Shame as the Lambda sensor came out easily..

901 - 920 of 921 Posts