Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
921 - 929 of 929 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Thanks to all that contributed to this thread and the many others concerning the Termi install, this was my first exhaust swap and it went pretty smoothly for me. I only had one screw seize up, the old exhaust came off pretty easily and the Termi pipes went on smoothly for me as I used some lithium grease on the outside of the Termi pipe, I replaced all the hardware attaching the heat shields because of the corrosion. Heal-Tech servo installed along with Smart-Moto O2 sensor eliminator kit, CEL went off during my second ride and she's running smoothly and now growls like a beast. I'm still debating on whether or not I want to keep the stock map or install the UP-MAP or do the Rexxer ECU flash, she's running smoothly at the moment and I haven't noticed too much difference between cold start take off's of the OEM and the Termi exhausts. I can say it does feel less restricted and the weight loss is always welcome, baffle is in but man does it make my Shoei RF-1200 vibrate quite a bit more now:LOL: .

Cheers🍺

·
Registered
637 Posts
Thanks to all that contributed to this thread and the many others concerning the Termi install, this was my first exhaust swap and it went pretty smoothly for me. I only had one screw seize up, the old exhaust came off pretty easily and the Termi pipes went on smoothly for me as I used some lithium grease on the outside of the Termi pipe, I replaced all the hardware attaching the heat shields because of the corrosion. Heal-Tech servo installed along with Smart-Moto O2 sensor eliminator kit, CEL went off during my second ride and she's running smoothly and now growls like a beast. I'm still debating on whether or not I want to keep the stock map or install the UP-MAP or do the Rexxer ECU flash, she's running smoothly at the moment and I haven't noticed too much difference between cold start take off's of the OEM and the Termi exhausts. I can say it does feel less restricted and the weight loss is always welcome, baffle is in but man does it make my Shoei RF-1200 vibrate quite a bit more now:LOL: .

Cheers🍺
I ran the Rexxer flash on my 939 with a Competition Werkes pipe. It wasn't a night and day improvement but it was super smooth and I believe I noticed a small power gain, but always hard to tell without a dyno.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Cheers🍺
Hey @manofcole79, with the stock map, are you getting much popping on deceleration?

I installed a RapidBike Easy at the same time as the Termi and I’m getting a lot of popping on deceleration and even gives a pop when changing gears.

Its got the baffle out at the moment. I’m going to put it back in to see if the extra back pressure improves it.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Hey @manofcole79, with the stock map, are you getting much popping on deceleration?

I installed a RapidBike Easy at the same time as the Termi and I’m getting a lot of popping on deceleration and even gives a pop when changing gears.

Its got the baffle out at the moment. I’m going to put it back in to see if the extra back pressure improves it.
I can confirm that with the baffle back in the backfire will disappear and you will only be left with the back crackle, I had to put my baffle back in as the cops were getting reports of drive by shootings

·
Registered
91 Posts
The guy from RapidBike (exemplary after-sales customer service!) suggested my issues could possibly be caused by an air leak in the exhaust. So I had a bit of a root around on the SS this afternoon and found one of my header nuts a tad loose. I gave it about 3/4 of a turn and now it’s ’snug’.

The baffle is back in now so tomorrow‘s commute is the test run.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,726 Posts
It's my reckoning that the popping and baking is caused by the air injection. It is only there on a closed throttle below 2,000 rpm and with the OEM exhaust it is still there but barely noticeable. I keep meaning to block off the air injection hoses to see if it stops the bangs but I haven't had reason to lift the tank for a while.

921 - 929 of 929 Posts