Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
941 - 960 of 964 Posts

·
Administrator
9,605 Posts
@Mikkser Welcome! Very glad you joined us!

Beautiful bike in your profile pic! Are you considering installing a Termi on yours?

Please tell us a bit about yourself (e.g. other recent bikes, riding experience, etc) in the New Member section.

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts

·
Registered
Ducati Supersport S 2017, white
69 Posts
At last, I had time to get the Termi fitted by my mechanic. He said it was a nightmare 😅 judging from the messages I read around here, I believe him.
I put on the DNA air filter as well, and the O2 sensor eliminator kit as well, as recommended here. Thanks everyone for the suggestions and explanation.

The sound is much improved, even with the baffle in. I still have to map it, I probably do it later today, before heading for a proper spin after work. I'm thinking to keep the baffle-in map for now (I've a 4-day trip planned over the weekend so my ears will thank me :D)

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

·
Registered
45 Posts
At last, I had time to get the Termi fitted by my mechanic. He said it was a nightmare 😅 judging from the messages I read around here, I believe him.
I put on the DNA air filter as well, and the O2 sensor eliminator kit as well, as recommended here.
Your mechanic speaks the truth. I installed the Termi and Upmap T800 on my 2020 this week. Getting the stock lump off was a bear! It was properly frozen in place on the rear header despite many dousing with liquid wrench and bashing with a rubber mallet. I was questioning my sanity about half way through. The instructions from Termignoni are a cruel joke played on an unsuspecting victim. Your might as well chuck them and seek advice from tarot cards. I eventually got it buttoned up and took it for a ride last night. Even with the baffle in, it sounds much better than stock. Not as loud and boisterous as some of my old Ducatis from years gone by, but a marked improvement.
I did a brief stretch on the highway and thought I sensed a bit of hunting while trying to hold a steady throttle at 70-80 mph, but it could have been the wind. Need a bit more seat time to determine if that was just my imagination. The kit from Termi included an aluminum bar that you were supposed to somehow connect to the flapper valve motor. I just removed the whole kit and kaboodle, wrapped the connector in a nitrile glove finger tip and called it a day. The T800 seems to be blocking any engine code that would otherwise be thrown. Dang well better for $400+ with the cable!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok, pretty sure I'm not imaging the surging with the upmap. Rode the SS to the airport and on the way home on the highway at about 80mph, there was a very clear surging or hunting in 6th gear. Tried both Touring and Sport mode, same deal. I never experienced anything like that with the stock tune and exhaust. Is it just me or have others experienced this?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Lambda sensor is still in. Was going to unplug it, but the connector seems to be buried up under the tank somewhere. My understanding is that the upmap disables the sensor so it shouldn't be interfering.

·
Registered
2021 SS 950S
33 Posts
Ok, pretty sure I'm not imaging the surging with the upmap. Rode the SS to the airport and on the way home on the highway at about 80mph, there was a very clear surging or hunting in 6th gear. Tried both Touring and Sport mode, same deal. I never experienced anything like that with the stock tune and exhaust. Is it just me or have others experienced this?
😂 I was just going to copy this and paste it on our local Slack for someone who asked about “searching” after installing Termi. Then I saw the airport story and realized; @Ducatistraddler must be someone I know ;-) (this is Briggs)

·
Registered
45 Posts
😂 I was just going to copy this and paste it on our local Slack for someone who asked about “searching” after installing Termi. Then I saw the airport story and realized; @Ducatistraddler must be someone I know ;-) (this is Briggs)
Haha, you busted me cross posting Briggs. :censored:

@Ed K, I unplugged both the lambda sensors this afternoon. Ride planned for tomorrow morning so ill know by the end of the day tomorrow if that was the issue.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am pleased to report that the fueling is spot on with the O2 sensors out of the loop. So, to be clear, if you install the upmap with your Termi, YOU MUST DISCONNECT THE LAMBDA SENSORS! I chose to just leave the sensors in the headers since I didn't have plugs. Leaving the sensors on the bike means you have four connectors dangling in the breeze. I snipped off the fingers from a nitrile glove, covered the loose connection and secured it with a zip tie and tucked them up out of the way.
This is a good outcome because I'm taking the SSS to Grattan tomorrow for its maiden trackday. Wouldn't have wanted dodgy fueling to ruin my day.
One final comment on the upgrade; the combination of the richer fuel mapping and 20lb weight loss makes corner exit much more forceful. Overall the bike just feels spunkier, ready to party.

·
Registered
Ducati Supersport S 2017, white
69 Posts
I am pleased to report that the fueling is spot on with the O2 sensors out of the loop. So, to be clear, if you install the upmap with your Termi, YOU MUST DISCONNECT THE LAMBDA SENSORS! I chose to just leave the sensors in the headers since I didn't have plugs. Leaving the sensors on the bike means you have four connectors dangling in the breeze. I snipped off the fingers from a nitrile glove, covered the loose connection and secured it with a zip tie and tucked them up out of the way.
This is a good outcome because I'm taking the SSS to Grattan tomorrow for its maiden trackday. Wouldn't have wanted dodgy fueling to ruin my day.
One final comment on the upgrade; the combination of the richer fuel mapping and 20lb weight loss makes corner exit much more forceful. Overall the bike just feels spunkier, ready to party.
How was your trackday? Have you kept the baffle in for it?
I've done a track day with the Termi and baffle in and doing another one tomorrow (still baffle in), but from my first Track Day I was (may optimistically?) expecting a tad more power from what I had read. It seemed to run as usual for me, with the nicer sound, of course.
I also have the UpMap, with the baffle-in map. I've had the termi without the map for very short, but I had a feeling that the map didn't really improve things from a power perspective :unsure:

941 - 960 of 964 Posts