Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
961 - 964 of 964 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
How was your trackday? Have you kept the baffle in for it? I've done a track day with the Termi and baffle in and doing another one tomorrow (still baffle in), but from my first Track Day I was (may optimistically?) expecting a tad more power from what I had read. It seemed to run as usual for me, with the nicer sound, of course. I also have the UpMap, with the baffle-in map. I've had the termi without the map for very short, but I had a feeling that the map didn't really improve things from a power perspective :unsure:
I keep baffle in for track days. It depends on how tolerant the track organisers of the db loudness. Myself, I don't rev the bike on track day beyond 6k-7k RPM and upshift early. I also carry high tempo, high momentum through corners and accelerate smoothly. On the straight, I let everyone overtake me and pass me, since I can't get to top speed fast enough. There's no technique on the straight line anyway. In Sweden, track crew are quite strict for noise, if I'd ride the bike to max rev range, I'd definitely get black flagged and warning for noise.

·
Registered
Ducati Supersport S 2017, white
69 Posts
I keep baffle in for track days. It depends on how tolerant the track organisers of the db loudness. Myself, I don't rev the bike on track day beyond 6k-7k RPM and upshift early. I also carry high tempo, high momentum through corners and accelerate smoothly. On the straight, I let everyone overtake me and pass me, since I can't get to top speed fast enough. There's no technique on the straight line anyway. In Sweden, track crew are quite strict for noise, if I'd ride the bike to max rev range, I'd definitely get black flagged and warning for noise.
Wow, that's very surprising to hear. Even with the Termi my bike is miles away from the noise of the average sport bike at my local race track (in Ireland). Like I can barely hear mine when I'm there (with the baffle in, but I'm fairly sure it'd be the same without).

·
Registered
45 Posts
How was your trackday? Have you kept the baffle in for it?
I've done a track day with the Termi and baffle in and doing another one tomorrow (still baffle in), but from my first Track Day I was (may optimistically?) expecting a tad more power from what I had read. It seemed to run as usual for me, with the nicer sound, of course.
I also have the UpMap, with the baffle-in map. I've had the termi without the map for very short, but I had a feeling that the map didn't really improve things from a power perspective :unsure:
Check out post #775 in the pictures thread for a report on my trackday. I left the baffle in for the track day, in fact I've yet to try it with the baffle out. Keep meaning to do that but I seem to always be in a hurry to get somewhere.
On a recent 4 day tour to SE Ohio, I was quite pleased with the aural sensation and didn't feel the need for more decibels.

·
Registered
91 Posts
On the tracks they try to match road noise regulations, they have range of 92db and some tracks have 95db. They even have multiple microphones on the track to check.

Supersport 939-Termi without a baffle seems to be able to hit the 115db mark on the high revs according to this YouTube video:

Of course in the video it looks like he's measuring it very close to the bike though, but even from far, it will still violate the legal range of 92-95db.

So, but baffle in, not raved high, 6-7k RPM, it was fine on the track.

961 - 964 of 964 Posts