Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had my bike for a while now just hit 12k km's and just bought the termi pipe

after fighting with the header bolts I've got everything where it needs to be and got the cat off

now I go to install the termi cat replacement pipe and it doesn't want to fit over the front cylinder header and also the muffler itself won't fit over the replacement pipe.

I've followed the instructions perfectly and I am so confused. am I doing something wrong or was the pipe just manufactured incorrectly?

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
529 Posts
I have the Termi cat delete system as well. I do know it was an all day adventure to install it. The replacement pipe which attaches to the front and rear header pipes is tricky to install. The rear header pipe on the bike must loose enough to allow a lot of movement for wiggle room. You must insert the termi pipe inside of the flange on the front lower header pipe as it is a double wall connection. The rear header pipe is a simple single wall and goes over the termi connector pipe. The termi can goes over the connector pipe at the rear of the bike and is also a very snug fit but should wiggle on without too much difficulty. WD40 is your friend here as it gives you some assistance and will burn off quickly. Hope this helps...

Don

·
Administrator
8,111 Posts
@sillycy99 Welcome! Very glad you joined us!

You may have already noticed lots of threads on the Forum regarding the Termi install that might be of help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Ed K @djcmx49
i have read so many posts and watched all the videos I can on the installation I think it is a manufacturer defect with the sizing, see the videos I made to show the issue I've been having
(i tried heading up the one end to get it over the header but its just so tight that even when i did head it up it would only go on like 1 mm, the own silencer wont even go on the pipe 2nd link)

I've contacted termi and the seller i purchased them from already but so far no help has been had, my only last resort that i can think of is taking it to a shop and have then resize the pipe, but i owrry because its titanium

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
529 Posts
Wow! Sorry to see those video's do seem to show the connector pipe is not the correct diameter on the ends. I would most definitely be pissed and Termignoni should replace it for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@djcmx49 yeah I'm big-time sad, I tried to buy it back in august of last year but because of the pandemic i couldn't get my hands on it, and after waiting so long to finally get one and it be like this is very disappointing especially for the money :(

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,724 Posts
Wow... strange.

@Derek Other than go back to Termi, any other ideas @sillycy99 ?
Not really. Mine was a tight fit onto the header but it did go on. That the Termi silencer doesn't fit the mid section either indicates that something is far from right. The US laws may differ from here but the onus is on the seller to replace it or refund, but getting a refund doesn't really fix the problem. It just leaves #sillycy99 back with the OEM exhaust and all the trouble of having taken it off only to have to refit it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I found the ends of my termi pipes had a slight lip that required light filing with a fine file to round it off a little. Still a very snug fit, but it did fit. Before I did that, I was convinced it was a defective part. (Turns out I was the defective part!)

I also needed to cut 1/2” off the horizontal section to get it onto the existing pipe. The pivot/crossmember of the swingarm was preventing it lining up. In retrospect, you may avoid this drastic action by getting a ‘heavy’ friend to sit on it while you do the wiggling/swearing down below. I did the whole job without assistance.

If I ever did it again (I wont!) I’d go the extra step and loosen the front header pipes too.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I used an engine lift after my fat neighbour went missing...
Took 5 minutes. If only the removal was as easy....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts