Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully run the Termi exhaust without the Upmap T-800 or Rapid Evo management system? I’m not looking for real increase in power... just want weight savings & better sound... in that order. I’d be happy as long as there are no dead spots in throttle. I assume I would get a module to eliminate servo motor. Thank you!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,155 Posts
@J Francis Welcome! Very glad you joined us!

If you haven’t already you might check the Exhaust section and/or use the Search function...lots of info here regarding Termi!

But the short answer that I think most Members would agree is, it’ll work without the upmap, but it’s better and smoother with it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Why would you not want either? Its free and the dealer does it. You will get a lot of back firing if its not mapped correctly. This could lead to internal issues down the road. Oh wait, its a Ducati!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Why would you not want either? Its free and the dealer does it. You will get a lot of back firing if its not mapped correctly. This could lead to internal issues down the road. Oh wait, its a Ducati!
I think the Termi upmap is like an extra $300 in addition to the cost of the pipe. Someone here posted that the pipe alone boosted fuel mileage and then with the upmap he got a power boost but lost fuel mileage gain.

I recall that because I was researching this after I binned the muffler on my bike due to road debris. Hopefully, I'll my bike back on the road when I get a replacement rear header pipe this week.

The OP might do a search and read the entire posting.

·
Registered
79 Posts
To be honest, I bought mine used and it had the up map with the full exhaust. One of my concerns with a full exhaust is the back firing. I asked about was this properly dyno'd and tuned. Multiple Ducati dealers said that they download and install the up map and the computer takes care of everything else. Years ago, I had a full exhaust on my zx6. I was installing maps every other day, constant backfiring. I couldn't take it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The ECU on the Ducati is closed-loop, so you don't need to have an upmap, but you can further tune the bike if you do. That's the drawback of this sort of a system: a piggyback tuner is almost worthless but the bike can self-regulate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts