Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

501 - 516 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
DORNA just advertised their cure for COVID-19 boredom is to watch feature length documentaries.

I thought, “Cool....I’ll catch up on some historical races and historical reviews of how famous tracks were developed over the years.”

Nope. There were 10 of 17 documentaries about MM93.

Sorry, Carmelo...not your best effort.
Torture.

But I do have a favorite

Get well Brad!

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #502
The FIM International Disciplinary Court (CDI) handed down on 31 March 2020 a decision imposing a period of ineligibility of eighteen months on Italian MotoGP Rider Mr. Andrea Iannone, commencing on 17 December 2019 (i.e. the effective date of the Provisional Suspension) and which shall end on 16 June 2021.

Tough news for Aprilia but I’m sure given their advances in both the engine and chassis they already had some riders identified to backfill Iannone should the case take the turn it did.

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
448 Posts
I read that article. JL99 is full of BS. He's washed up, he won't keep up with MM93. Still unsigned as well so I think the major teams think similarly...

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I think most of those riders are crazy prima donnas. I think that's why we like Rossi, he's a winner and he's almost sane. Almost all racers are arrogant jackasses.
I'm not a huge JL fan but I can believe that now that he's physically well, he'll be on another bike. Now, after his next crash, will he get back on?

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #506
I miss Nick Harris. While I understand he wasn’t the most accurate in his last few years, he still had the depth of having witnessed first hand motorcycle racing history as it happened.

DORNA’s Top 10 Races and the Top 10 Underdog Finishes, while a noble effort, are from that last few years with a few from 2007, almost as if they were curated by somebody without a rearview mirror. Steve Day, Nick Harris’ replacement, was probably still dealing with acne in his mother’s bathroom mirror in 2007.

No way Nick would have let the current line up of gratuitous videos go final without reminding everybody of the wider range of historical races that better reflect the thrills and spills of high performance motorcycle racing over the past four decades.

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #507
Claudio Domenicali, CEO of Ducati, had this to say about signing Jack Miller to the factory team:

“We are convinced that Jack has all the right skills to fight continuously for the positions that matter, in every race, starting already this season with the Desmosedici GP20 of the Pramac Racing Team, and taking a further step forward next year thanks to the support of the Ducati Team."

I couldn’t agree more and it seems a logical step to replace Danilo Petrucci, a nice enough and well-liked guy about the paddock, but one whose performance seems hobbled with distractions and self-doubt. It seems odd Ducati didn’t invest more in a sports psychologist as a routine part of training. It’s as simple as additional stretches, joint therapy, muscular rehab, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #508 (Edited)
Silverstone (UK) in late August and Phillip Island (AUS) in late October were cancelled about three days ago.

Now Twin Ring Motegi (JPN) in mid-October has been canceled, too.

It will be interesting to see what continental EU races survive the rounds of cancellations to form the 2020 season.

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #509
The new MotoGP calendar should be published the week of 08 June 2020.

On 19 July, there will be a race at Jerez and another race shortly after that.

DORNA et al will evaluate the success and profitability of those two races and then make a determination of how many more races they can support for the remainder of the season.

There will be 12-13 total races (with an upper limit of 16 races) for the 2020 season.

Races outside of the EU that have not been cancelled (and would be part of the aforementioned 12-13 races for the 2020 season) are:

Thailand
Malyasia
USA
Argentina

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #510
DORNA has released the new MotoGP 2020 calendar. There will be 13-14 races with a decision about races outside the EU in July.

End of season will be 13 December.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I have a better chance understanding Rossi than I do Martin. I need to put the CC on whenever I watch the IoM replay. I can't even understand the announcers.

I had to do the same thing when I tried to watch the last season of Top Gear but it was so bad I didnt try.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Organizers of the MotoGP Brno have announced that they will not be allowing spectators to the circuit this year. Ticket holders will be able to use their tickets for next year’s GP or request a refund.
My GP :( bu...

501 - 516 of 516 Posts