Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy and I took off today to visit Jesse Chisholm's grave. He was smitten with his brand new Yamaha with only 150 miles on it. We played a forum tag with some Adv Rider guy and had lunch at a cafe with an old oil derrick in the parking lot. It was a scenic ride in the rolling red prairie. Lots of windmill generation and oil and gas production too. On the way to Jesse's grave site the broken pavement turned into about 5 miles of gravel and about 20% of that was very deep and squirrely. Luckily I was on my Supersport, I was worried about my buddy on that Tenere thing. When I got home I saw the poor red bike still had gravel dust on left side chicken strip.

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

Sky Wheel Tire Land vehicle Cloud

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle

Cloud Cemetery Sky Headstone Grave

Plant Sky Cemetery Headstone Grave

Plant Flag of the united states Cemetery Grass Flag

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
BTW- You can see my Yamaha buddy in one of the photos. No doubt he's in prayer after that harrowing ride and asking good fortune on the return.

So far as the Adv Rider tag game. I posted a cropped photo in case there were local riders that know him & he doesn't deserve any razz. Now I find out, that I went one county too far to make the tag. Oh well.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have some interesting history here that's been made in dozens of westerns. The the red prairie west is surprisingly scenic in an unassuming way- it's not a terrain that you'll see in a movie or a book. Not a lot of curves to enjoy on the SS but riding in that much gravel certainly had its own excitement. I'll confess that what I said were my buddy's prayers were actually my fears. But really, going carefully on gravel the SS was ok.

so far as the view, here are some photos of the Gloss "Mountains" some miles north. It has a beauty in a desolate way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts