Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way to work, I noticed the ignition cover stripped off on one end, after removing the screw. And then there was dent on the key port flap and a thick scratch from it to the outer ring. At first I tried to second guess it thinking that I might not have tightened the screw all the way when I removed it to test a mount and probably came off with vibrations. Though it was in place when I parked it the night before. Then maybe i was rough with removing the key causing the cover to come off. But I couldnt explain the dent on the key port flap. Looked like someone tried a screwdriver/hammer method causing the alarm to go off and stop them from doing anything else. All this in an underground, gated garage.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow...it is a very much wanted bike our sweet SS. Luckily for you they were interrupted.
Does seem so...I went 2 months without any issues, including a week long break. Since I have allotted parking location, I dont know what more I can do. Whoever it was has certainly seen and i dont doubt that the person will come back again. Covering it up wont deter the same person. I wish if there was a way to know if the alarm went off or not. Im also missing the screw on the ignition cover. A$$holes

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
D4mn, man. That sucks.

You need something like this. Looks like it would fit in a parking spot. I don't know the name, but have seen one once before.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
D4mn, man. That sucks.

You need something like this. Looks like it would fit in a parking spot. I don't know the name, but have seen one once before.

Unless the shell is titanium built, thatll be easily cut through. If it is titanium, then itll be sh!t expensive.

Sorry for the pessimism...right now, in my head the only thing that feels safe is me handcuffed to Natalia :laugh:

·
Registered
516 Posts
D4mn, man. That sucks.

I'd modify it to sit open like that, like a live trap. Have it "eat" the guy and call the cops once you verify with the small camera on the inside. Did i mention it would blast heavy metal the entire time he was trapped in there?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Wow, that sucks. People that know me and my background tend to leave my things alone. This is tourist season here, so we have lots of vacationers with different morals than the residents.

·
Registered
650 Posts
**** klev, that really sucks!!! Are there cameras in the covered garage? I hope the folks at GP get it fixed quickly

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
**** klev, that really sucks!!! Are there cameras in the covered garage? I hope the folks at GP get it fixed quickly
It's not bad, I can still use my key without any issues. My concern is the person coming back for another shot. They don't have cameras here but do have a night patrol.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Does seem so...I went 2 months without any issues, including a week long break. Since I have allotted parking location, I dont know what more I can do. Whoever it was has certainly seen and i dont doubt that the person will come back again. Covering it up wont deter the same person. I wish if there was a way to know if the alarm went off or not. Im also missing the screw on the ignition cover. A$$holes
Install a cheap reliable option, Google NTG02

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Thx amos, but the plan to keep SIM going would be expensive here in the US, unless some one know of really basic plans
Only uses data when tracking and a 20 sms per month package, surely there are pay as you go top up packages there. 20 sms and 250mb per month will suffice.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Would anyone be good enough to PM me some suggestions for locks or security for the ride?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts