Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m looking to convert my SSS to go shift and want to keep the DQS functioning. I thought I saw a signal inverter for sale online last week but I can not locate it now. My research says you cannot simply reverse the pins in the wire connector.

Or if anyone has a comprehensive list of Ducati parts for this conversion, that would suffice if a signal inverter does not exist.

I’m completely aware that there is no benefit to this mod for street use. However, my track bike is GP shift and I simply like it better. Also, I don’t want to accidentally “money shift” either bike.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I’m looking to convert my SSS to go shift and want to keep the DQS functioning. I thought I saw a signal inverter for sale online last week but I can not locate it now. My research says you cannot simply reverse the pins in the wire connector.

Or if anyone has a comprehensive list of Ducati parts for this conversion, that would suffice if a signal inverter does not exist.

I’m completely aware that there is no benefit to this mod for street use. However, my track bike is GP shift and I simply like it better. Also, I don’t want to accidentally “money shift” either bike.

Thanks in advance!

@Derek knows the internals of the DQS. There was a brief discussion early this year on opening up the DQS and it's wiring. I think @theresanothersteve participated in the discussion... Anyway there's something in here somewhere, I might just have the names wrong.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,612 Posts
@Derek knows the internals of the DQS. There was a brief discussion early this year on opening up the DQS and it's wiring. I think @theresanothersteve participated in the discussion... Anyway there's something in here somewhere, I might just have the names wrong.
It wasn't me that posted the circuit @amoslws and annoyingly I can't find it now. There are 3 wires to the DQS unit; +5v, ground and signal out to the ECU. Internally there is a resistor array and 2 microswitches, one for upshifts and the other for downshifts.
If the resistors are the same for both switches then reversing the +5V and gnd wires should reverse the function. I don't know the values of the resistors without measuring though.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven’t verified it myself but I was told the resistors are different. It would stand to reason as there are only 3 wires. Power in, ground, and signal. To me, it looks like one wire goes back to the ecu. This would require a difference in signal for the ecu to determine what to do with the pulse.

So, if there is no signal inverter available aftermarket, and I can’t find any shift levers with the link mount on the top, I guess I’ll just do what I did on my Aprilia and flip over and space an aftermarket lever so the foot pedal action is reversed but the inputs to the switch stays the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts