Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm trading in my Monster 821 (first Ducati) this Saturday July 15th after 103 weeks (1 week shy of 2 years) of fantastic ownership. It's going to be bittersweet because it's my first Ducati, the first trackday I ever did on it (since then I've acquired a track only 848 for that purpose), and gave me 10,500 miles of fun. While I'm sad to be losing my Monster, I'm excited about my new red Supersport S. I feel it is an improvement on the Monster 821 in virtually every way and the perfect bike for me, who wants a great sportbike that won't hurt my over 40 year old body over longer rides.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
My only one complaint about the bike, at least from the long demo ride I had, is the mirrors. They are nearly useless as they vibrate so much. I know this is a well discussed issue here and elsewhere and many people are upset that Ducati would even release the bike like that. I had bar ends on my Monster and prefer that anyway, so the question becomes how I handle the turn signals. I haven't been able to find a good solution yet, but Justin from NRC showed me a picture of what they are working on. Looks promising, but I think I'd prefer something that would act as both mirror mount block off and turn signal in one. Any ideas on this yet?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the bike. There is a thread on here about the mirror issue and in that thread are some suggestions on replacements that include turn signals. Not a lot of options, though. Good luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks... yeah I just discovered that after I posted, along with the melting rear shock issue which now has me freaked out LOL. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.