Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm tempted to get this one...
Like the looks, but the leather is a bit on the thin side and it isn't perforated. I owned a non-perforated leather jacket... once. Even in the mild Northern California weather that jacaket was pretty hot during the summer. It's made my Dainese so the quality is probably good, but those lighter-weight leathers just don't give me the same level of confidence of something that's 1.2+mm in thickness.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've not seen it in person, and there is a perforated version of this jacket. I do have a mesh jacket from Dainese for the really hot summer days, so this is for in between needing thermals to ride with.

I'll update when I get to try it on.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have a similar perforated one. It's a relaxed fit as well and isn't as thick as a Joe Rocket jacket i have, but i really like it. Its perfect for cool weather.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have it, love it! Wanted one for along time.

This Jacket made sense for me because I have 1978 Darmah and a 1981 Pantah that share the same Ducati Font.

Down side, no vents so perforated leather may be the way to go if heat is an issue. Back of jacket does not have a sipper so it can not be sipped to Dainese pants (loop and snap only).

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have a Ducati Classic C2 Jacket by dainese and love it. I would highly recommend trying it on if possible. Some are aggressive and some are more relaxed. I really like relaxed jackets and don?t really enjoy riding in a aggressive jacket on the streets.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm tempted to get this one...
btw, there are great deals to be had on slightly used jackets if you're ok with that. i usually browse the classifieds on Ducati.ms and Ducati.org as there's always a lot of dainese / ducati jackets in new or like new condition for really cheap. i just picked up a jacket i have been looking for yesterday for a really good deal. i actually really wanted the textile version, but i ended up paying less for the leather version than i was expecting to pay for a textile one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a Ducati performance + Dainese hi-tech jacket. I rode out with first time from Brooklyn to Montauk in high 80F degree weather. The jacket is perforated and with a t-short under could get chilly going over 45mph during nighttime 65-71F degree weather. I usually have to wear sport compression under the jacket on longer rides. Def worth the the $400. I am 188cm 84 kgs and went for size 54 because I have wide shoulder and it?s shoulder shield protectors limit a little bit of motion so a size up would suffice.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
btw, there are great deals to be had on slightly used jackets if you're ok with that. i usually browse the classifieds on Ducati.ms and Ducati.org as there's always a lot of dainese / ducati jackets in new or like new condition for really cheap. i just picked up a jacket i have been looking for yesterday for a really good deal. i actually really wanted the textile version, but i ended up paying less for the leather version than i was expecting to pay for a textile one.

One of my all tiime favorites. I have this one. Still looking for the gold/ cream one.

·
Registered
2021 950 Supersport S
254 Posts
I have a Corsa 4 perforated by Dianese , I have 3 of their 2 piece suits , this matches well with the Misano perf pants

Attachments

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I dunno, I think if I had a logo on my jacket that I should be paid to advertise it. :geek:

·
Registered
2021 950 Supersport S
254 Posts
I dunno, I think if I had a logo on my jacket that I should be paid to advertise it. :geek:
Typically, I'd agree ...however in this case I wouldn't want people to think it was a rice burner...

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
My goal is simple: I go down on a knee in curves safely - I make myself a present with Ducati Corse somehting [leather, sport suit, jacket to go for shopping - first minute wearing it will be like Paris Hilton but you know... :p "loves it"]

·
Registered
2021 950 Supersport S
254 Posts
Just received my new jacket today , very impressed . Great fit as always with Dianese , and spectacular colors

Reactions: A8tomic

·
Registered
229 Posts

Here's the one my sweet GF got me for Christmas 2019. Not riding gear, but sure does fall into the "branded" category!
I love this coat!

·
Registered
2021 950 Supersport S
254 Posts
Reactions: A8tomic

·
Registered
229 Posts
Correction: it was Christmas 2018. She found it on fleabay and it was NOS from some famous Ducati dealer. Anyway I figured there were bound to be more and I wanted to buy one for my son. Set up an Ebay search alert and for a year I looked at every sorry jacket that had anything to do with motorcycles (and some that didn't - c'mon, eBay!)... Anyway finally the dim old Edison bulb above my head flickered to life and I asked her for the email for the guy. He had one more. In the right size.
Occasionally The Universe throws ya a bone...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts