Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought and fitted a set of throttle spaces today, at first I was going to send them back because I couldn't get them to fit over the lugs that they're supposed to slide over. Having spent £24 for two small pieces of plastic and a three pronged screw bit (with no instructions), I was a bit miffed when I contacted the seller to be told that the spaces are flexible and to try again if I wanted a refund they would give me £10 back!! Cheeky buggers.
Anyway luckily I have a spare throttle that came with the bike when I bought her, I stripped that one and because it wasn't attached to the bike I could examine it up close. I could see that the spaces would just get over the edge of the lug but it was impossible for me to press them any further with my bare fingers. Swopping over to the throttle attached to my bike I pressed the spaces over the lugs with a small piece of wood held flat against the spacer.
Something else that made this job easier to do was to cut off the cable tie that holds the cable going inside the throttle housing, that means you free up the bigger of the two lugs to slide on the spacer without having to hold the throttle in a slight open position against the spring and try and get a very tight spacer on all at the same time.
No slop in the throttle now, it feels a lot better.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got mine today, 10-15 minute job but it is my trade I suppose. Well trucks anyway😁

Made a large difference to the play, funnily my last bike an Aprilia Shiver was the same, but I didn't bother trying to fix that.

Waiting for the rain to stop to try it now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got mine today, 10-15 minute job but it is my trade I suppose. Well trucks anyway😁

Made a large difference to the play, funnily my last bike an Aprilia Shiver was the same, but I didn't bother trying to fix that.

Waiting for the rain to stop to try it now.
Are you a bike mech? I was when I was in the army 70s/80s but thing where a lot more basic then.😉

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are you a bike mech? I was when I was in the army 70s/80s but thing where a lot more basic then.😉
No, HGV/truck mechanic, yep late 70s is where I started, as you say they're much more complicated now. Glad I supervise and do very little hands on now.😁👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts