Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a popular topic with my riding buddies, so I thought I'd ask around here.

I am 145 lbs (66kg), plus gear and I typically ride alone and don't pack a backpack or any carry alongs. I run 34psi front, 36psi rear.

What tire pressure do you run in your tires?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have not got my SS yet, but I will run whatever Ducati tell me in the handbook (36 psi front and rear). I would like to think that they have done some testing on tyre pressures.
But it is your bike, you are allowed to run whatever pressures you like.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like my fronts just a tad softer. Probably makes no difference in real life, just in my head. But, I have been running this combo for years.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I have also run my front tire 1 or 2 PSI less than the rear. Right now I have the front at 35 and the rear at 36. Probably more placebo than anything but in my mind it inspires a little more confidence...lol.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
on the track:
2.1 bar front
2.0 bar rear

On the road:
2.4 bar front and rear as recommended by ducati. Little silver sticker on the frame below the tank left side.
single or with pillion that's what ducati feel.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Whatever you run them at check them regularly, did mine today and found they had both lost quite a bit of pressure. Dont know why this should be, not seen big drops in pressure on previous bikes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I weigh about 240 lbs, I run 36 psi front and rear on the road as recommended. On track days I run 32 front and 30 rear, works well for me on the standard Diablo Rosso IIIs.

·
Registered
828 Posts
So let me ask you all this, what temperature should you be filling the tires at and would it make a difference in pressure readings?:nerd:

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
So let me ask you all this, what temperature should you be filling the tires at and would it make a difference in pressure readings?:nerd:
Good Question JaggerCat. My understanding is you check and set your pressure i.e 36psi at the ambient temperature yes there is a difference in winter and summer but you check the pressure before you set of at the current temperature. If it is -2 degree outside and you keep your supersport in the lounge room in front of the open fire at a cosy 27degree then this might throw your pressures out a bit .... I think ?:confused:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Good Question JaggerCat. My understanding is you check and set your pressure i.e 36psi at the ambient temperature yes there is a difference in winter and summer but you check the pressure before you set of at the current temperature. If it is -2 degree outside and you keep your supersport in the lounge room in front of the open fire at a cosy 27degree then this might throw your pressures out a bit .... I think ?:confused:
Minus the open fire, don't give me any ideas, lol. :laugh:

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Hard to say but here is some food for thought. Riding in 44°C in Portugal summer I was seriously pushing the bike hard around the mountains. My Garmin Zumo has pressure sensors via Bluetooth and I monitored the pressure closely. The tyres are the same size as the SS. Wacking it around the turns for 3 hours my pressure climbed from 2.6 bar to 3.1 bar on the rear and from 2.5 bar to 2.7 bar on the front.
So depending on your style of Riding, you can use this for reference.

Further to that, if you are unsure because you have warm tyres then deflate the tyres and refill them again to 250kpa or 36psi or 2.5 bar.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Invest in the garmin tyre pressure sensors and a garmin zumo. That way you can release the pressure if you feel a problem while you are riding.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I stick to the manual and that works fine for me -temps and sunshine vary here in New England, so checking every few days back to spec.
At last some common sense. All these superheroes on here who think that they can feel a difference of a couple of psi are kidding themselves. Ducati and Pirelli know best.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
At last some common sense. All these superheroes on here who think that they can feel a difference of a couple of psi are kidding themselves. Ducati and Pirelli know best.
Fred you really are a bwanker hey. Do you understand the term discussion. highlight where anyone has concretely stated a pressure. Have you ever been on a track, do you understand that with heat build up you get pressure build up. Seriously you need to catch a wake up. In my land we happily tell people like you to FIFO, fit in or fcuk off. According to your ongoing posts and personality complex, the latter would suffice.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Fred you really are a bwanker hey. Do you understand the term discussion. highlight where anyone has concretely stated a pressure. Have you ever been on a track, do you understand that with heat build up you get pressure build up. Seriously you need to catch a wake up. In my land we happily tell people like you to FIFO, fit in or fcuk off. According to your ongoing posts and personality complex, the latter would suffice.
People who are struggling to convince others that they know everything often revert to personal insults. :x

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
People who are struggling to convince others that they know everything often revert to personal insults. :x
Actually I just don't take kindly to idiots, and frankly you needed to be told a long time ago by the forum. I and many others have tolerated your remarks and we have been polite and patient and simply humoured you over the past weeks. However my politeness has run out and you will be insulted by me every time you make a condescending remark to people in this forum, simply because you are a bwanker and I don't enjoy bwankers. So now you have it fred. Place your fragile ego on someones shoulders so they can wipe your tears away. The majority in this forum have great discussions albeit not for everyone but they nevertheless have a positive outcome for the folks, you on the other hand are simply an oxygen thief that contributes nada to the forum. So Richard Edwards go find someone who is still willing to tolerate you and ask them to polish your bruised ego. While you are at it, get some lessons in emotional IQ. FIFO. 0:) If I had designed this page, I would design it so people like you to be automatically blocked.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts