Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all came across this photo but is it real, has someone gone to great expense to convert a standard model, has it been photoshopped or is it a concept that wasn't released to the public
IMG_0004.JPG
. A

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Someone could replace just the suspension kit and probably add quickshifter. The sticker rather recreated.

·
Registered
892 Posts
G'day all came across this photo but is it real, has someone gone to great expense to convert a standard model, has it been photoshopped or is it a concept that wasn't released to the public View attachment 43067 . A
The Supersport 939 was available in this colour, which is Titanium Grey - it has not been photoshopped. What makes you think it has been photoshopped?

Rodders_SS9 on this forum has the titanium grey bike

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
Probably photoshopped, as there was not an S version in Ti.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Probably photoshopped, as there was not an S version in Ti.
I stand corrected - I thought the S was available in Titanium grey too

The photo could be of a S model repainted in Titanium grey?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I think the PIRELLI stickers indicate that this was an early preproduction Ducati publicity photo.

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
I believe some markets could get the SuperSport S in grey. Japan springs to mind, not sure why.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I think the bike looks great in the Titanium grey - the red of the frame and wheels go well with the grey.

When I bough my Supersport in 2017 if they had made it in grey, I would have chosen that colour.

Reactions: NothingClever

·
Registered
892 Posts
The Titanium Grey S model must have only been available in the Japanese Market. I found this review of the bike on YouTube

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What a pity the Titanium Grey S wasn't available in every country. It would be interesting to find out how many Ducati manufactured and sold and why it was only available in Japan.

·
Registered
2020 Ducati Supersport S
15 Posts
I think because it was faster than white but still just a bit slower than Red so they decided to only sell it in Japan. They wouldn't have been able to sell the slow white ones with both red and titanium grey available 🤔 of course just and opinion 😁

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think because it was faster than white but still just a bit slower than Red so they decided to only sell it in Japan. They wouldn't have been able to sell the slow white ones with both red and titanium grey available 🤔 of course just and opinion 😁
I see the Like button, but can't find the poking-out-tongue-in-disgust botton... 😜

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
Perhaps the Ti S version was made only in Thailand, and shipped only to Asian countries(?).

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
Just confirmed with a Japanese friend, that she in fact owns an S version in Ti! I believe it was sourced from the Ducati factory in Thailand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts