Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That beautiful red frame pokes out so little from the bodywork that the three stickers on it really bugged me. I was dreading the task of removing them, though, because I was nearly certain they were going to shred on the way off, beginning an endless process of Goo-Gone and fingernail ministrations.

Nope. Super easy. Just get your fingernail under a corner and each of them comes cleanly off.

Since they were still intact, I relocated them to the frame under the seat so I'll still have vin, tire pressure recommendations et al nearby, but now the colored frame is much cleaner.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That beautiful red frame pokes out so little from the bodywork that the three stickers on it really bugged me. I was dreading the task of removing them, though, because I was nearly certain they were going to shred on the way off, beginning an endless process of Goo-Gone and fingernail ministrations.

Nope. Super easy. Just get your fingernail under a corner and each of them comes cleanly off.

Since they were still intact, I relocated them to the frame under the seat so I'll still have vin, tire pressure recommendations et al nearby, but now the colored frame is much cleaner.
Yep. Did the same thing first day I bought it. they all fit under the seat very nicely...

Reactions: Brentano

·
Registered
357 Posts
Made also. With the heat emanating from the engine, they came loose very easily, I stuck them on the frame, under saddle

·
Registered
650 Posts
I removed the stickers also and placed them on the empty pages of the Owner Manual

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Im gonna try this today after a short ride. Should be warm enough and hopefully doesnt tear. Mines gonna go under the seat.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Even in ambient temperature and cold frame, I managed to unstick easily the last sticker. It is necessary to take off slowly not to risk to tear

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Radiant temps are not required...at least not for mine. I took mine off in the garage while drinking a beer in 10 minutes. Bike had not been ridden since the day before. Placed the stickers in the Owners Manual. I did the same for the Hyper back in '13. MUCH better, now...gained at least 5 HP!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Same here - I used a heat gun just to make certain their removal went without issue. Did like the others - stuck them to the blank pages of the owners' manual. Just looks so much better without them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hmmm... I would like to have that documentation conveniently available on the bike. I should check if there's space under the seat to stick them to.

Edit: Brentano seems to have answered this already. Oops.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Hmmm... I would like to have that documentation conveniently available on the bike. I should check if there's space under the seat to stick them to.

Edit: Brentano seems to have answered this already. Oops.
There is space, but just not the original way. There arent frame tubes that long under the seat, so you have to mix it up with flats. The long stickers will wrap a bit.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Under the place passenger of the seat, there are the tubes of the back loop and also the flat metallic part. I stuck it stickers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did this first day on my Monster and will do it first day on the SS. I can't understand why some folks never remove them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts