Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'Day all,

Has anyone seen the 'Touring Pack' for sale? It has been mentioned in numerous articles that Ducati was going to release a Touring Pack consisting of Panniers, Heated Grips and the Smoked Windscreen. I have asked my local dealer about it but he hasn't heard of it. He only recently was able to get information about the panniers.

I'm in Australia but has anyone see the pack for sale or have a rough price?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My dealer told me there is no Touring Pack for the U.K., but the individual items are for sale.
I've bought the panniers, heated grips, rubber pegs & touring screen separately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, you've confirmed what I thought. Fred there isn't a touring pack available on the UK Ducati website, just the individual items. I was hoping to save some money by buying them all as a pack (as opposed to individually). The pack has been mentioned in a heap of reviews and articles, I was wondering if it was just a slow release to the dealers in Australia.

·
Registered
32 Posts
yeah the heated grips have the same issues that faced my Multi 950, which is that unlike other ducatibikes with the ability to have grips, there isn't the extra buttons set up for them, and allegedly, the power button wasn't an option/thought about.
they have now made some for my multi, so it figures that as they have the same electrics pretty much, this will then come out for both.

the panniers look a little weird to me, but then i am an ex Hyperstrada owner and maybe i think those just belong on that. i'm just about to buy a Givi tank bag (possible the xs307) which will then be able to swap between this bike and my multi, but i am worried that it will be that large that i will end up resting my head and falling asleep...

Smoked screen is ace, i mean really really good. it has a slightly different curvature and i personally think it works better than the original one and looks the dogs... (but then i would say that as i ordered it at the same time as the bike)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Can you post a pic of the bike without the bags mounted but the racks still on? Also, how difficult is it to attach and detach the racks?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Does anyone here have their panniers already and is willing to share pictures? With the bags removed and the racks attached. How quickly can the racks be removed?
I'm interested in the bike, but a decent luggage solution that won't ruin the looks is a must.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looking at the fixing rails
They won't be a neat solution imho,
Luckily for me I'm only going to use them 3 maybe four times a year
Those rails will have to come off

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looking at the fixing rails
They won't be a neat solution imho,
Luckily for me I'm only going to use them 3 maybe four times a year
Those rails will have to come off
Ducati Support couldn't provide pictures, but send the schematics. Seems like it's not pretty or quick to detach. But pictures would still be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi Gustaffa
I haven't seen them in the flesh, but there are pics on numerous websites. Not sure of the price either but your dealership should be able to get the info for you. The panniers look pretty good as they're colour-matched. There's also a small tank bag available depending on how much stuff you want to carry. I'm in Melbourne and I think you might find some info on Ducati Melbourne website - try checking that out

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Ducati Support couldn't provide pictures, but send the schematics. Seems like it's not pretty or quick to detach. But pictures would still be appreciated.
Unsure but judging by your schematic it seems they will be using the same fixture mount as the akra race exhaust. Shouldn't be too difficult to remove them when not needed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm not near my bike currently (hence I don't have posted pictures with the central lift)
Ducati mounted the touring pack yesterday on my bike I don't seem easy to remove and it use the passenger holes. I will post pic asap I got time ........

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,723 Posts
The pannier frames can be removed from the bike in less than 5 minutes. There are 6 screws to be undone, 2 at each side for the passenger hangers and 2 screws under the tail.

·
Registered
366 Posts
The panniers are easy to mount and remove. I expected to leave them off most of the time, but I find them so handy that I haven't ridden with them removed since I got them. My Shoei Neotec fits in a pannier without unzipping the expansion zipper.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The pannier frames can be removed from the bike in less than 5 minutes. There are 6 screws to be undone, 2 at each side for the passenger hangers and 2 screws under the tail.
Please tell that to the ducati technician who mounted them 2 days ago :grin2:
I waited 2 hours for the touring pack....:surprise:

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,723 Posts
Please tell that to the ducati technician who mounted them 2 days ago :grin2:
I waited 2 hours for the touring pack....:surprise:
When I got mine I had to wait 3 1/2 hours for them to do the 600 mile service and fit the panniers. I could have done it all myself in half of that time.
The fitting the frames for the first time involves removing 2 screws from under the tail and replacing them with ones which have a hex head and a threaded hole in the top that can take an M8 screw. When I remove the frames I plug the holes with a couple of stainless button head screws.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts