Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brenda & I made it home with 2 new Rosso SS-S yesterday. Took twisty back roads through eastern OK, 350 mi. Overall, very happy with the bikes.

Attachments

Reactions: SteveSSS

·
Registered
149 Posts
Congratulations!
Both Bikes with the Akra and the larger Windscreen (?). Must have been a great pleasure to ride those beauties home :)

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, both bikes are exactly the same with touring ws, Akra slipons, DP tail/tank bags, (hard bags & heated grips when they show up) and were indeed a lot of fun to ride the 350 miles home.

Reactions: amoslws

·
Registered
885 Posts
By the time you make it back to the dealership they will be ready for the initial service!

Reactions: amoslws

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Maybe you guys could venture over to East TN and ride The Dragon. We could meet up. Was thinking of getting a small group of us together for a meet/great and ride...once mine come in, of course.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Maybe you guys could venture over to East TN and ride The Dragon. We could meet up. Was thinking of getting a small group of us together for a meet/great and ride...once mine come in, or course.
Se7en,

I got tired of 'waiting for mine to come in' so i called 10 different Ducati dealers until I found one willing to sell me their demo. I actually found 3 willing to sell but only one had the white S. Had to go 175 miles to get it but I am so glad to have it all pretty and sitting in my own garage. Already had the 1st service..hurry and get you one so we can meet up in Tellico! Everyone is welcome too.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Se7en,

I got tired of 'waiting for mine to come in' so i called 10 different Ducati dealers until I found one willing to sell me their demo. I actually found 3 willing to sell but only one had the white S. Had to go 175 miles to get it but I am so glad to have it all pretty and sitting in my own garage. Already had the 1st service..hurry and get you one so we can meet up in Tellico! Everyone is welcome too.
May have to resort to drastic measures...lol.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Price including freight = $15,345.00 + $3,667 for slip-ons, touring w/s, LED rear turn signals, Touring foot pegs, heated grips, panniers, and tank protector for a total delivered price of $19,315.00.

I think this is pretty much MSRP for the bike and accessories.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Se7en,

Did they give you a decent discount since it was technically used?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Did they give you a decent discount since it was technically used?

Not really but they did give me $500 more for my trade-in. The bike only had 100 miles on it so at most 9-10 demo rides. The dealer told me that the state they operate in has insurance requirements that forces them to have a rep from the shop lead you on a specific demo route. I followed the dealer on a demo ride that was all of 10 miles. The route was fairly tame with lots of stops and a few turns. Not too much opportunity to get past 4th gear. I felt pretty certain there was not much chance that the 6000 rpm break-in limit was exceeded. So, technically used but now I have owned it for three weeks and my local dealer still has no sign of the one I ordered from him. I am a happy camper:laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts