Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody see this? I tried the search tool but nothing came up...

https://www.up-map.it/en/

It seems a very interesting device for upload maps from a smartphone, the official site says it can be used for all types of exhausts even if it has been developed for the Termi.

Here you can see an italian guy changing his SS from underpowered to full in just seconds, I think the video is quite self explaining

·
Registered
181 Posts
Great vid - or long commercial? :)

First documentation of the effect of D181 Termignoni with UP-map. From 97 BHP with standard map to 105 BHP mapped and baffle out. A bit more than what I would have anticipated.

There are a few threads on here about the Termignoni exhaust that also have reference to the UPmap T800. The maps for the SS was just released recently and haven't seen anyone here report on the effect.

The effect looks a bit exaggerated in the vid though - like the SS is pulling power wheelies all the time after the re-map.

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
Sheesh....recommend skipping to 2:30 unless you like selfie-videos of random bits of routine life.

At 4:40 things start getting interesting....seems like a LOT of unnatural popping and then it seems like it’s running lean on air at constant throttle.

6:30 for dyno run after the up-map

8:05 without the DB killers

10:10 for controlling the mapping with his smartphone through a Bluetooth connection

11:15 for general hooning about and periodic squealing

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
So, I thought Termignoni was taking their sweet time for a reason. I also remember saying that if they made a delayed splash by providing something novel that they could pick up the missed sales from the sluggish roll out. Since the SS is still pretty new, I think Termignoni will definitely make some sales here given the exhaust is under $1000 and the upmap is under $400.

·
Registered
551 Posts
$400 for the upmap? I'm probably going to be happier that I spent money on the Rapidbike EVO...

Only time will tell.

·
Super Moderator
6,253 Posts
Thank you @Mario for posting the vid.

That’s a large increase in power with the upmap!

The vid said subtitles were in English, but only Italian subtitles was visible on my device, so I wasn’t clear on one thing since my Italian is not so good... ;)

Perhaps you could confirm: was the lowest power dyno run shown in the vid a stock SS exhaust without any Termi? Or was it an SS with Termi but without upmap?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thank you @Mario for posting the vid.

That’s a large increase in power with the upmap!

The vid said subtitles were in English, but only Italian subtitles was visible on my device, so I wasn’t clear on one thing since my Italian is not so good... ;)

Perhaps you could confirm: was the lowest power dyno run shown in the vid a stock SS exhaust without any Termi? Or was it an SS with Termi but without upmap?
The first run is the power reduced bike (42 BHP) (no dyno curve for that run). A dyno curve for a standard bike (OEM exhaust) is shown where 97 BHP was measured. Then follows a test with the Termi and baffle in and standard OEM map yielding 103 BHP. Last run without baffle and map yields the 105 BHP. I am also surprised by the increase. Would have expected 4-5% for the system. Would be good to know to which part the last two horses comes from just removing the baffle.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,660 Posts
You can read the figures for the various maps offered from BR-Special Tuning's website here. What I find weird is that the final map shows the Supersport with the OEM exhaust, Lambdas a EXHV disabled producing exactly the same figures as the D181 without the baffle, also with the lambdas and EXHV disabled :confused:

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
I still believe that with the correct installation, the correct tuning, the Rapid bike knocks the pants of all the maps and results.
I'm still waiting for a Rexxer dyno run results to be posted. I'm not interested in the promotion rexxer has posted, I'd like to see a customers bike on the dyno after flashing over the rexxer trim map. Until that time, the rapid bike still trumps all other.

·
Super Moderator
6,253 Posts
Interesting...as @Mario stated, this upmap can be used on any exhaust, presumably OEM too. Obviously without the flexibility of Rapid or Rexxer. Wonder what the gains in performance and engine smoothness would be with the OEM exhaust.

See faq below...

https://www.up-map.it/en/f-a-q/

·
Super Moderator
6,253 Posts
Interesting...as @Mario stated, this upmap can be used on any exhaust, presumably OEM too. Obviously without the flexibility of Rapid or Rexxer. Wonder what the gains in performance and engine smoothness would be with the OEM exhaust.

See faq below...

https://www.up-map.it/en/f-a-q/
I’ve sent an email to Termi. Will advise as they reply.

·
Registered
181 Posts
You can read the figures for the various maps offered from BR-Special Tuning's website here. What I find weird is that the final map shows the Supersport with the OEM exhaust, Lambdas a EXHV disabled producing exactly the same figures as the D181 without the baffle, also with the lambdas and EXHV disabled :confused:
Yep, that is wierd. Other values correspond to those shown in the vid posted by thread starter Mario.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Am I misunderstanding this, can their device disable the lambdas and the exhaust valve to achieve full tuning of the entire RPM/TPS range? If so, that's huge, what Rexxer is trying to do with his upcoming EVO/User module.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,660 Posts
Yep, that is wierd. Other values correspond to those shown in the vid posted by thread starter Mario.
I have had an email from BR Special Tuning telling me that the figures on the website were an error and it has now been corrected.

·
Registered
24 Posts
10% Discount

@SupersportJay2018

10% for all, or Panigale and MS only?

Also, would you please further explain what @Derek pointed out in post #8?

Hi Ed,

The 10% discount applies to the whole order whether Puig Accessories ( All brands ), Termignoni Exhausts and Full Systems ( Panigale & MS ), DNA Performance Air Filters, T800 Upmaps etc.

Hope this helps =)

·
Super Moderator
6,253 Posts
Hi Ed,

The 10% discount applies to the whole order whether Puig Accessories ( All brands ), Termignoni Exhausts and Full Systems ( Panigale & MS ), DNA Performance Air Filters, T800 Upmaps etc.

Hope this helps =)
Thank you Jay, so the 10% discount would apply to, for example, a stand alone order for a SuperSport Termi exhaust and/or upmap...right(?).

1 - 20 of 134 Posts