Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I tried to connect the upmap but no joy. Referring to Derek's earlier post, I'm assuming their system was down. I'll try again sometime this week.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,660 Posts
Yes, As you read in my post I was unable to download and install the upmap on the first attempt due to their server being down. It worked fine the next day though, so worth trying later.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Woohoo, downloaded the map and saved my previous map tonight...with a younger 'sons' brain and patience.

Hopefully try this weekend.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Full termi and upmap.
Plan on getting her out Sunday with a ride to my local bike cafe Squires. I'll give you thoughts after.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I figured it's high time I leave some info-

I had the bike about 6 months, 4-5 thousand miles with the Termi D181 exhaust but no map change from stock & it was completely fine. I had the exhaust put on by the dealer at the time of purchase so I had no experience with the stock exhaust except on my original test ride. I was not a fan of the stock exhaust & losing the 20+ pounds made sense to me.

The bike ran fine. sounded great. Very little difference between baffle in & baffle out. I started with the baffle in & took it out after a month.

I got the up-map about 2-3 months ago now & another 1500 miles riding both local & on the highway- no track yet.

i have to say it's a totally different bike in some respects. It is much more responsive. I think it runs richer now. There's no 'drag' or hesitation off the line in first gear- especially when cold. It runs more aggressively now up to WOT. The 4-9k range is smooth & wicked and the bike rides much more like a sport bike.

So if you love having a more balanced sport tourer I wouldn't necessarily recommend this mod. If you like to let it rip & wick it on the open road all the time- then you'll love it.

It hasn't given me any problem yet either. Weather is cold again unfortunately.
The app is on my phone & shows RPM, MPH, gear, voltage, temp, lean angle.
I'm very happy with it so far as it seems to learn as you go. When I'm in town commuting it just putters along and then if I open her up it let's her rip. I also notice I get lower gas milage & run thru fuel much faster- which I'm fine with.

Personally I'm happy I did it.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,660 Posts
My experiences with the Termi and upmap have been more or less the same. The upmap made a big difference from around 4K from where it just pulls on up through the rev range. Before the upmap it was pretty tame until about 5,000. The power seems more progressive now but like @Piston I'm finding it uses a little more fuel.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well, I upmapped my bike yesterday. Thanks to all of you who shared your experiences! Also thanks for sound advice on how to actually do everything, as I found your advice highly valuable. Especially the Brocks guide someone linked in the thread. Everything went very well. And the bike shoots out impressive flames in the dimly lit garage. :)

I made the decision based on hopes of a bit of performance gains, slight fuelling improvements, but mostly on hopes of correct air go fuel ratio (and fears of incorrect!) I am willing to give up some range for peace of mind. :)

Now I just have to wait another two months for the roads to thaw. That is going to be the hard bit in the operation.

·
Registered
529 Posts
One beautiful thing about the bike is that the stock fueling is so good that you can ride it stock and be happy—or you can add a full exhaust and fuel mapping to get more power (with the typical loss of fuel mileage) for a bit more excitement.

You win either way!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi guys. I just want to let everyone know that I have done the upmap with the map for the oem exhaust. I did this to try to get rid of throttle lag when starting out on the bike while cold, and the small boost to power won’t be so bad 😛. It’ll be awhile before I can report back anything as it is winter here. A few people seem to be interested in this product with the stock exhaust.

Things I can say is this, it did revert to metric system, which can be changed via the settings in the dash back to imperial. It also DOES NOT say EVO on startup with the stock exhaust map.

Other than that I’ll try to remember to report back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Emphatically do not recommend the upmap for the stock exhaust. Basically ruined the bike for me lol. Throttle delay all over the place and even some surging across the rev range. I reverted back to stock map just to be sure and all of it went away. Not sure what they were thinking with this map or if it was ever tested. It feels so bad I would be shocked if someone told me they actually tested it.

·
Super Moderator
6,251 Posts
@Squidlet Very interesting...

I have heard that’s it too rich for the stock exhaust, but no personal experience.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Emphatically do not recommend the upmap for the stock exhaust. Basically ruined the bike for me lol. Throttle delay all over the place and even some surging across the rev range. I reverted back to stock map just to be sure and all of it went away. Not sure what they were thinking with this map or if it was ever tested. It feels so bad I would be shocked if someone told me they actually tested it.
Thanks mate it was an option I was considering and was waiting for someone to try it out. You will have to get the termi now for the whole package:grin2:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Emphatically do not recommend the upmap for the stock exhaust. Basically ruined the bike for me lol. Throttle delay all over the place and even some surging across the rev range.
So in other words like the stock map on some new bikes I've experienced!

Thanks for the report.

I was skeptical, but the 14T front sprocket actually improved performance similar to a new fuel map (in terms of perceived torque and acceleration).

I'm really satisfied with the stock map, and I'm really particular about fueling!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I say! First outing with UpMap feels bloody promising!

I've had the bike in the garage through winter, so I have a long time away from the bike. Thus it is kinda difficult to compare the difference with non UpMapped bike, but I can recall my bike doing powerwheelies before! :D And I wasn't really giving her the beans either, this being the first outing on filthy roads. Just a little bit of throttle on the first gear to dust off the cobwebs and the nose comes up. Hold on, I thought and reduced the throttle letting the nose come down. Still accelerating, the nose starts to comes down, I decided to open up a bit. And the nose pops up again! :) Not too shabby!

All I have done during the winter is installation of upmap. Nothing to the engine or the suspension, so it sort of can not be placebo for what I can recon. I may do a test run with T800 connected to flip maps later on just for fun to see the difference.

·
Super Moderator
6,251 Posts
...I may do a test run with T800 connected to flip maps later on just for fun to see the difference.
If possible, that would be great to hear about...

·
Registered
13 Posts
my experience with the upmap was not good. After the first time installing the Termi map with db killer, the bike ran poorly, even stalling on the way around the block. The low end response was gone and I immediately knew this was a move in the WRONG direction. Reinstalled the original map and everything was better again. Next day gave it a second look. First verified its the correct map and not lower hp european model, download and flashed the bike, same result. Very disappointed. Tech support is a couple of emails back and forth passing the buck. Waste of 300 bucks

·
Super Moderator
6,251 Posts
@chrispick Welcome!

Thanks for your feedback regarding the upmap. Which exhaust were you using when deploying the upmap?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Chris, did you warm up the engine? There have been some complaints of poor throttle response with cold engine. I never noticed this with the standard bike. After I installed the upmap, I noticed this behaviour on my bike as well. It is quite unnerving as the throttle is slow and lethargic in response. BUT, and this is a big but (as you can see ;) ) the thottle problem goes away as the engine reaches operating temperature at about 45 degrees C. After that, I have no complaints. Bike runs fine and is responsive. And shoots flames in decel. :)

101 - 120 of 134 Posts