Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Had a good ride today with Termignoni exhaust and the UpMap

Termi map has a huge flat spot between 3-4k rpms when the engine is cold.
Yup, can confirm that.
In general below 3K feels less torque in general. as much as it feels as downside. It also made the clutch much easier to control and low speed maneuvers out of the garage or in a bensin station is predictable.
I also would say Ducati usually had this feeling of engine stalling shaking if ridden below 30Kph. which forces me to engage the clutch early and for longer.
Engine runs much smoother now at low speed, and the power moved into mid range at 4k.

Engine revs faster than before too, this could explain why people feel the throttle is much crispier.

Torque feels linear from low range --> mid range --> high range. I feel like I will never run out of torque because I usually shift before 8000 RPM.
Bike feels more predictable and easy to ride like MT07 easy !

Quick shifter feels engaging the gears smoother and faster somehow. The addictive backfiring sound from upshifting is awesome !

I can confirm that bike shoots flames now, not in excessive way, but in a nice sexy way :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
The way I understood the stock exhaust, that it has a butterfly valve closed at lower RPM which assist the torque at lower RPM.
The downside is it feels to the riders there's two maps.
One with the butterfly valve is closed, and the bike is too torqy and require finesse with the clutch to get going from a stop, and makes the bike jerky at cruising at low speeds.
Second one is when the valve is open and bike acts smoother.

but due to this change between open and close feeling, it creates unpredictability and bike feels jerky at low speed like it will stall and engine will stop.

For my taste, I liked the torque moving to the middle band rather than below 3k jerkiness :)

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Hey guys i have the termi exhausts on order should arrive from Italy any day now. I was going to get the pipe and Upmap at the same time but they didn't have any in stock so i just ordered the Exhaust. I would like to know where you all purchased your Upmap and cable from to try and get the best deal before i pull the trigger. shipping to Australia can add over $100 to the price. Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,711 Posts
My UPmap came from T800 UpMap device | Powered by Termignoni, its an online purchase and downloads to the dongle via your phone and bluetooth. I bought the dongle and the necessary cable from BR Special Tuning who are the UK agents for Termi. There doesn't seem to be any Australian Termi agents though.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
My UPmap came from T800 UpMap device | Powered by Termignoni, its an online purchase and downloads to the dongle via your phone and bluetooth. I bought the dongle and the necessary cable from BR Special Tuning who are the UK agents for Termi. There doesn't seem to be any Australian Termi agents though.
Thanks Derek yes I've searched for Australian local (nothing as usual) and had it ordered, bundled in with the exhaust from Genial Motor but they didn't have stock so got the exhaust only. i will look at BR and see what the additional shipping cost is.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey guys i have the termi exhausts on order should arrive from Italy any day now. I was going to get the pipe and Upmap at the same time but they didn't have any in stock so i just ordered the Exhaust. I would like to know where you all purchased your Upmap and cable from to try and get the best deal before i pull the trigger. shipping to Australia can add over $100 to the price. Thanks
Hi Rhino, I ordered cable and T800, from www.desmoheart.com.

·
Registered
71 Posts
can you use upmap withouth termignoni exhaust?
competition werkes is kinda similar to Termi since it's a free flowing exhaust.
I'd say yea, you can use the upmap without the exhaust.

UpMap is supposed to have multiple exhaust setup per bike, but in SS case it's only stock and Termi at this point.
but for V4 they support arrow, termi and akra

·
Super Moderator
7,605 Posts
can you use upmap withouth termignoni exhaust?
The upmap can be used with the stock exhaust. However, we’ve had only one Member that I recall try and comment on using the upmap with stock exhaust. Check out post #111 on this thread, and that individual was not satisfied with the result.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The upmap can be used with the stock exhaust. However, we’ve had only one Member that I recall try and comment on using the upmap with stock exhaust. Check out post #111 on this thread, and that individual was not satisfied with the result.
I think i will remap only after changing air filter by going to a garage that can do this work fine.
Thanks for the help btw. ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Update : Upmap arrived and installed (coupled with the Termi ). I can report that it produces a significant positive result (y) . I discovered that the App has a working lean angle sensor (bonus :D)
Yea, smoothing the torque under 4000 RPM and then maximizing the power in midrange is quite nice.

I couldn't record a session with the APP into a file and move it to PC.
I would have loved to layover a telemetry over GoPro if they timestamp the gas/brake/lean angle measurement.
But they only show max without recording into file, or?

141 - 154 of 154 Posts