Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I take the plunge and try either the Up-Map T800 or BoosterPlug to smooth things out on my Supersport:

Does anyone have any experience of the Booster-Plug as a cheaper option (using its remote temperature sensor, and ironing things out electronically)

I've been reading up on both and also the limitations and disadvantages theoretically,
... but I'm just wondering if anyone has fitted either and can vouch for one or the other.

My bike is a 2017 standard supersport but featuring
  • Termignomi silencer
  • K&N type re-usable air filter
  • I intend to run with the baffle in the silencer
(as I have the luggage and occasionally travel distances and want to keep noise and efficiency : tuneful and sensible accordingly)

I'd also be interested to hear if anyone has come across any particularly efficient maps for this setup with the T800 or Powercommander for the Supersport - as I'm just weighing up the options over winter to do a bit of fine tuning ready for next year's riding/touring.

Thanks
MattS (of Kent and Powys counties)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I purchased the up-map and it really did not do enough for me, don't waste you money. I wasn't looking for more power but better and smoother power, especially down low. Just got the Rapid Evo for my bike and then had a shop install and dyno tune my bike. What can I say but I'm very happy and really enjoy the powerband now. I was given a graph of the before and after and if course it looks like a 15% increase all across the range, but I take this with a "grain of salt" but power is significantly improved, strong throughout the rev range, instead of flat. Without a doubt, more smiles for the miles.

·
Administrator
8,280 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fella's that some handy food for thought and links right there, I'm grateful to you

·
Registered
450 Posts
A bit late to comment but I second what @chrispick says about RapidBike EVO vs UpMap. I went down the opposite path, had RB installed for the last 12k miles and then pulled it when my bike started throwing an o2 sensor error and replaced it with UpMap since it disables the o2 sensors and puts in what I was hoping was a good map for the CW exhaust using a simpler technology than RB. After installing UpMap I had surging problems at constant throttle until I reset the TPS. With that problem behind me, I've ridden a few hundred miles with UpMap. While it seems to perform well under hard acceleration, power delivery in virtually all other conditions is noticeably poorer than RB. RB is clearly a better fueling system that provides smooth power delivery under all conditions as well as increased power that comes from a richer map that is tuned to your bike. I miss it but I'm not sure what I'll do at this point. I would need to sort out my o2 sensor problem before I can go back. So having used both technologies, if I had to pick one, it would be RB EVO even given it's a PIA to install. The old problems many of us experienced with RB disappeared once RB released a settings file for the SS.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have no experience with the Rapid Bike Evo, but I have the CW exhaust and the Termi Up Map. Since fitting the exhaust, I've run the bike without the Up Map, with the Up Map, then I've had the o2 sensors disconnected and done the same comparison. To be honest, I haven't noticed a huge difference with any of my experimenting. I think the bike has a bit more midrange punch with the Up Map and it pulls nice and smooth off the bottom. I have no surging issues or any other problems. The bike definitely uses a bit more gas with the map, but for me that's a good thing. I reckon these bikes run too lean from the factory and fitting a decat exhaust system makes it run even leaner. All in all, I'm happy with the map, but it's not a game changer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts