Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
HA! i was talking to somebody yesterday about the SSS, and he asked me what i thought about the V4. I told him, yes, i like the idea of having the power that motor provides, but my old back prefers handlebars to clip-ons, so i think ill wait for the monster version. Now i see this. Although, i do think that monsters sell more than the street fighters did, so i think we will see this motor in a monster chassis, and then in the multi, to set a new record on pikes peak, then maybe a motard, if scramblers keep selling, def expect to see one of those. We know how this works.

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As fast as you like to ride and for such long periods of time, can you deal with the wind blast? To me, this is more of a backroad terror!

I can just see one wheel in the air as you exit a turn and prepare for the next as you lay the front back down gently...

>:)
I think we can all agree that 200HP without cover will be neck breaking, but short spurts of 60mph to 120mph will be an absolute blast. I think I will be laughing/smiling all the way.
Definitely if the money is right and the fantasy becomes a reality I am getting one.

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
...And when not sport riding, an OEM “trip pack” that includes an easily attachable/detachable screen (about the standard size SS) and luggage for one up trips.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
...and I would take one in the old yellow color. That yellow looks sooooo great in person. Have a friend that had one, but recently sold it. Had I known he was selling it, it may have ended up in my garage!

I am always a sucker for yellow....and Blondes.....>:)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I love my 848 Streetfighter. I've heard they didn't sell all that well.

They're not a nice friendly "All Arounder". They're a sport bike with no fairings; which I totally dig. The handle bar is lowish. The seat is hard, and slopes forward. It all begins to work at 60 mph. There is lots of leg room, and it's narrow. I can, and have, ridden mine for hours and it is very comfortable. But, I scoot around on that seat a lot. I don't know if it's possible to go around a corner too fast on this thing. It just sticks like it will never let go.

V4? Nah, not for me. This little guy puts out 132 hp, supposedly. It's not about going fast, it's about not slowing down (for the curves).

Attachments

·
Registered
800 Posts
V4? Nah, not for me. This little guy puts out 132 hp, supposedly. It's not about going fast, it's about not slowing down (for the curves).
One of my first track instructors used to say, "If you want to go faster stop using the brakes, all they do is slow you down." That was in a Miata, a 2200 lb car with 92 HP, so the dynamics were a bit different; but the rationale remains true.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chatting with the dealer yesterday, I initiated the subject of a V4 Streetfighter. The manager mentioned they are working on a new naked.
@Dany65 you are our inside man (The mole), is there any truth in a streetfighter being released in the next year or so.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts