Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,428 Posts
Avail in April... according to folks I spoke with today.

·
Super Moderator
6,428 Posts
Interesting that max torque is at higher rpm for SF...

SF Horsepower: 208 @ 12,750 rpm vs 214 @ 13,000 rpm on the Panigale V4

SF Torque: 90.4 ft/lbs @ 11,500 rpm vs 91.1 ft/lbs @ 10,000 rpm

And that it weighs a bit more...

Though “stripped,” the Streetfighter has a heavier curb weight (with fluids) of 443 pounds (V4 S) versus the Panigale V4 S’s 436 pounds. The SFV4’s alloy versus the Panigale’s aluminum wheels is the main contributing factor to the extra weight.

·
Super Moderator
6,428 Posts
Transmission gearing is the same for SF and V4 Panigale...

...Sprockets are different, though.

SF 15/42

Panigale V4 16/41

This StreetFighter is not in name only...

·
Registered
442 Posts
I found that my Panigale is not really a road bike and is home to the track. This version still is too much bike for most roads. I wonder how it will perform at lower speeds - the panigale cooling did not work well stuck in traffic. I love my Tuono and SS quiver.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I found that my Panigale is not really a road bike and is home to the track. This version still is too much bike for most roads. I wonder how it will perform at lower speeds - the panigale cooling did not work well stuck in traffic. I love my Tuono and SS quiver.
Exactly my reason for keeping the SS as my dedicated commuter and ST bike and picking up an 899 Panigalina (Italian for ‘baby panigale’) to serve as a dedicated track hussy.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
My sentiment too. If only they had done something with the exhaust on the new Streetfighter to reduce the heat of the panigale. Anyway the price has been published here and its only $4000 more than the SS.

·
Super Moderator
6,428 Posts
The SF V4 engine delivery is smoother than the SS...while producing more power throughout the rev range.

No wind protection, but perhaps after market will fix that.

Heat, yes, but I’m not sensitive to that and don’t even notice it 95% of the time on the SS.

Then there’s the issue of luggage for the trips...there are some options already avail for the Panigale V4 that would work.

I don’t know...it’s more bike than perhaps anyone needs, but the real test will be: How does it feel riding one?! Already under discussion. And will report when it happens.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
The SF V4 engine delivery is smoother than the SS...while producing more power throughout the rev range.

Heat, yes, but I’m not sensitive to that and don’t even notice it 95% of the time on the SS.

Then there’s the issue of luggage for the trips...there are some options already avail for the Panigale V4 that would work.

I don’t know...it’s more bike than perhaps anyone needs, but the real test will be: How does it feel riding one?! Already under discussion. And will report when it happens.
I too have already discussed a test ride with my dealer. That's really the only way to know if it is the right fit.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sure, the Aftermarket will fix wind protection, but only by adding a dorky clear Lexan windscreen or a tiny screen covering the TFT gauges like on the Monsters. There just isn't enough sales volume on an expensive niche bike like this Streetfighter to warrant an Aftermarket concern creating something stylish from scratch. The clay modeling and professional design costs can't easily be recovered, as I learned creating bellypans for the Monsters (see photos).

Attachments

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
SF - Designer and test riders perspective

It's been out on social media since Wednesday, I think.
Watched this a few times, mostly because I forget to pause and ponder, so I watch it again because I'm unable to think and listen simultaneously.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
....so I watch it again because I'm unable to think and listen simultaneously.
Shoot, that makes you a candidate for the South African Mensa Club compared to me. I can’t chew gum and walk so getting to that advanced listening and thinking stuff, well...that’s just plain out of reach for me.

·
Super Moderator
6,428 Posts
Deliveries scheduled in North America to begin this week...

101 - 120 of 141 Posts