Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe i'm missing the right thread. I've been looking to no avail.

WANTED
Twin Silencer (I like the twin can look)

DeCat pipe (I like weight loss programs)

SOUND - the sound of the single can Termi (but of course I want twin cans like the stock look but maybe even more wheel reveal if able)

WHO MAKES THIS SOLUTION!?

Help please.

Thanks in advance and if there is an obvious thread or solution i've missed, apologies for rehashing in advance.

·
Registered
517 Posts
No one does, unfortunately, as far as I know. I’d like such an option myself it was available since I like the look of the stock exhaust.

A couple of years ago, there was a guy from Spain on the forum who had some connections to (or was working for?) a manufacturing facility of some kind who modelled some versions of such a twin can solution, and showed some images of it. Ultimately, I think nothing came of it though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Never-Too-Old

You won the prize!! Unfortunately after paying $3 grand (2700 after $500 off sale) for the setup there is no leftover money. Christmas Card only i'm afraid.
:ROFLMAO:
That looks like what i'm looking for.
(y)(y)
I've emailed the company as it says 939.

Now, newb followup question.
the 950 is Euro5 (939 is Euro 4??)
sooo, I don't know if that's a problem or a feature. Can it get a dyno and a remap? does Euro5 lock that option out?

what could go wrong? Like my 14T sprocket idea died prematurely.

Why the EU is wasting time on our 45mpg 2 wheel rigs. They have plenty to keep them busy on the 4 wheelers.
:mad: Electric bikes by 2030. The 🌎 is falling apart.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hmmm Titanium not stainless, there's where @Never-Too-Old
prize money is going.

I found it on Ebay from Australia for cheaper (exchange rate)
USD $2275 + $180 shipping

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Supersport 950
135 Posts
@Never-Too-Old

You won the prize!! Unfortunately after paying $3 grand (2700 after $500 off sale) for the setup there is no leftover money. Christmas Card only i'm afraid.
:ROFLMAO:
That looks like what i'm looking for.
(y)(y)
I've emailed the company as it says 939.

Now, newb followup question.
the 950 is Euro5 (939 is Euro 4??)
sooo, I don't know if that's a problem or a feature. Can it get a dyno and a remap? does Euro5 lock that option out?

what could go wrong? Like my 14T sprocket idea died prematurely.

Why the EU is wasting time on our 45mpg 2 wheel rigs. They have plenty to keep them busy on the 4 wheelers.
:mad: Electric bikes by 2030. The 🌎 is falling apart.
Hey just a heads up the USA versions of 950s do not have Euro5 and newly released exhausts do not fit. At least that was the case for the Termignoni system….

·
Registered
2021 Supersport 950
411 Posts
If the Vandemon one is for the 939, then it won't fit the 950 plug and play. Maybe you can MAKE it fit, but that will be quite an effort. And Euro 5 spec exhaust won't fit on 950 US models either because of reasons.

·
Registered
2021 Supersport 950
411 Posts
As of now, there is no remap for the 950 models as far as I know. Might be wrong though.
The exhaust headers seem to be different for the US spec 950 and match neither the 939 nor the Rest-of-the-world spec 950.
As for the why they did that - I have no f*****g idea.
The ECU might be different, but we don't know yet.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Could you elaborate on the whys... is the hardware different, the ECU... ???
Dyno remap fix??

reasons eh

that sounds serious
Spend some time searching the 950 exhaust threads and you’ll see. It’s been a crap shoot: some say the 939 exhausts fit, some say they don’t, some say the 950 doesn’t fit the US 950, others have made it work…….it’s all over based on where you live and what you bought.

If I remember and was reading right, the US 950 uses a non-Euro 5 exhaust that’s different than the 939 unit, and different than the rest of the worlds 950 pipe, but with some finagling and slight cutting of the new pipe, or buying a front header from a 939, you can make it go onto the 950.

There is not a 950 spec map thats been released as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I believe, the Vandemon 939 pipe oddly is header back from the front cylinder and down pipe back from the back cylinder. which is odd to me but maybe i'm missing a part in the photo.

Q: are the US and Euro5 using the same head?? I heard the pipe setup is different, and maybe the ECU software. Is the head/valves different??

Hopefully the exhaust header mount is the same, so the front cylinder connection to the vandemon should work. And as for the back downpipe, eh even if there is a slight dimensional difference a good welder could handle that. Assuming the pipe doesn't take off in a completely different direction US vs Euro5.

here are pics off the vandemon website. Am I missing something. im no exhaust expert nor Flash Tuner.
Last time I worked on a tune was because the Ducati dealer in 08 couldn't fix my 900s carb off idle issue and so i took it apart and spent 5 hours in it with jewelers magnifiers and a 500w dual halogen light and found a small deposit in the secondary jet. one strand from a 26 gauge wire and a day without coffee and i managed to poke it out without scratching a groove.

Im qualified to fixate maddeningly for hours on one thing. But that's about it. (it ran great after that btw and the 3rd degree burns on my forehead finally went away, as for the retinal burning from the magnifiers of 1000w of light. I orient to the sound of your voice and screeching tires so im still good to ride)

photos in next post

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As for the ECU, assuming the pipe can be shoe-horned in there.

i'm getting confused from different replies on the ECU. can a tuner re-write the map after a dyno run?? or... a power commander in line (don't like in line plugins personally) Can the ECU be flashed or... its locked and only the termi upmap works. i am not even sure what an upmap is, new term for me. specific to a termi install?? Is there a dyno tuner in the bunch that can cover this??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow, that’s a beautiful looking exhaust. Had no idea it existed. No images with on the bike?

Also, would obv love for them to do a version for the 950.
to give credit @Never-Too-Old
shared this pipe, I too didn't know about it. Clearly, when you've been around the bloc as long as NeverTOOold, you learn all the secrets. And clearly have enough saved to pay that price as well 🤣.

In fairness though that's a very nice titanium pipe.. Id say worth the price given the quality and materials. And at $2700, that's ALOT of quality.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts