Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
60 F, sunny today... break for coffee...then continuing ride...

This prolly goes without saying, but remember to keep those delicate water and oil cooler fins clean and clear. Can make a major difference in their ability to cool the motor.

I mostly use a toothbrush, and light pressurized water for the job.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,627 Posts
Yes, never put a pressure washer near them. I made that mistake when I had the ST4s and spent most of a day straightening the radiator fins afterwards. They were never quite the same again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,
on google look for something like: radiator fin comb. With that you can straighten the bent fins.
Have fun!
Michael

·
Registered
710 Posts
I’ve installed the R&G oil cooler protector, but have not had time to install the radiator protector yet. Does that make it more difficult to clean? Seems you can still lightly spray it, but brush won’t do much good.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,627 Posts
What riding differences and similarities would you note comparing an SS to an ST4?
There was 5 years between them so hard to make exact comparisons.
The ST4s was very comfortable although I had to make adjustments to the bars to suit me. It was heavier but with plenty of grunt and although it handled well it wasn't nearly so nimble as the SS which handles sublimely.
Mine was an ABS model and the brakes were very good but again the SS is better.
The panniers though were far better. Proper hard cases with locks and a much bigger capacity. I can't remember how big but maybe half as much again as the SS ones.
The 21 litre tank made for big mileages between fill ups with 200 miles achievable, helped with the meagre fuel consumption. It would usually do at least 55 mpg Imp (46 mpg US) and on a European trip with warmer temperatures it managed an extraordinary 67 mpg Imp, that is nearly 58 mpg US.

·
Super Moderator
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Derek Interesting comparo, Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts