Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much waiting and anticipation, am thrilled to finally be on the SuperSport. My thanks to the crew at Riverside Motorsports for getting me on it as quickly as they did, and for the thorough introduction and preparation.
I've only driven 30 miles - but there are some definite first impressions that were evident pretty quickly.
First off - despite being about 40 pounds heavier than my outgoing Monster 696, this bike feels remarkably light - particularly when it comes to leaning and cornering; this bike feels positively feather light and just loves to lean in to a turn. I always felt the Monster was a little heavy and required a little bit of a fight to turn - not the case here - it feels like a natural extension of your arms and has a point-and-shoot ease.
The exhaust is a hoot; it's definitely on the loud side for stock exhaust but in a good way, and the the blips when downshifting are a blast.
Riding position is extremely comfortable and not too far a departure coming off the Monster. Exactly what I was hoping for.
The riding modes definitely produced noticeable results on how the bike feels and responds. I can't really say how - but urban mode seemed to bring about a welcomed ease when driving on Bostons traffic-clogged streets.
Bear in mind - I'm coming off another Ducati product already - so many of the conventions and overall operational feel felt completely familiar to me. Finding neutral for the first 2 miles seemed impossible, then all of a sudden, everything seemed to click and work perfectly. I have no issues with mirrors/vibrations - the mirrors are smallish - but they are about as good as you can expect for a performance motorbike.
I'm going to get totally comfortable with it before I start experimenting with the QuickShift and need to get way outside of before before I can find some open roads to play around, so more to come on that later.
Overall - could not be happier. Sending positive vibes to all of you still waiting and hoping for a quick arrival!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Congratulations, just got home from work and this was the first post i read over a beer. Here's to many safe miles on your new machine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congratulation! Enjoy.
I just got word mine has shipped--I should have it on the 20th. I'll take my XDS to Albuquerque for the 600mi maintenance/Termi exhaust and bring home both!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts